what are Nevermore's political beliefs?

1 small red pepper
125 ml mayonnaise
2 tbsp concentrated tomato puree (paste)

Not usually, no.

I don't wanna sound harsh here, but read the lyrics.

If anything, Mr Dane would definately adovate you doing some voyaging of your own to discover what he thinks.

Final_Product said:
I don't wanna sound harsh here, but read the lyrics.

If anything, Mr Dane would definately adovate you doing some voyaging of your own to discover what he thinks.

well from his lyrics he seems to be against the mainstream political spheres and against the media. But that's all I can think of.

bball_1523 said:
well from his lyrics he seems to be against the mainstream political spheres and against the media. But that's all I can think of.

Yeah, he does express that. I mean, I can't say what the dude actually thinks or feels but the stuff he expresses generally point towards someone pissed off at the money orientated, purely physical, short-term fulfillment, materialistic bullshit world we currently live in.

fugazi. said:
Here's a pretty good article on Warrel's philosophy.

http://www.basementbar.com/DefaultN1.asp?GoTo=EditorialN1.asp

scroll down and look for Electric Religion: The Philosophy of Warrel Dane

wow nice read, but I wonder whats his opinion about this article?

Also... I agree with Derek... I dont need to ask for his political views,
unless WD and I are 'best friends in the whole wide world'
and we are having a fun discussion about that,
but "until then" I can just take his amazing lyrics and take what I want from it.

new.jpg

fugazi. said:
Here's a pretty good article on Warrel's philosophy.

http://www.basementbar.com/DefaultN1.asp?GoTo=EditorialN1.asp

scroll down and look for Electric Religion: The Philosophy of Warrel Dane

I've read this article before, and I couldn't help but wonder if TGE contained any Leary/LSD-themed lyrics, considering Warrell having cleaned himself up before the album came out....

Lunar Still said:
I've read this article before, and I couldn't help but wonder if TGE contained any Leary/LSD-themed lyrics, considering Warrell having cleaned himself up before the album came out....

He stopped drinking. :)

Lunar Still said:

It's been loooooooong siiiiiiiiince daaaaaark!

Personally, I don't agree with most of the philosophy of many bands I listen to. Many bands seem to preach a trite far left viewpoint. I often wonder if half of them even believe in the politics contained in their lyrics, or if they're going with some sort of obligatory rock-n-roll-rebel type attitude. (BTW I'm not talking about Nevermore here, I don't really have a clear picture of their politics.)

Bottom line for me is, whether I agree with the politics of a song or not, I don't let it affect my enjoyment of the music. I pretty much ignore the politcal lyrics and focus on the music. That's what's important to me.

If your wondering what my political views are, I guess you could say I'm a moderate libertarian :). I fall right on the centerline on the 'economic' scale, and several notches on the libertarian side on the 'social' scale on Politcal Compass, for whatever that is worth. :p