What are the 5 most important bands in modern metal?

you guys reckon dragonforce could be influental, or rather, important?

Yes I know it sounds horrid but think about it, through the fire and flames has xx millions of views (because of guitar hero obviously) and face it; there are non-metal people among those viewers so perhaps dragonforce is important in that way? spreading the metal or whatever

Dragonforce is such a sad story. The demos weren't too bad for a power metal band and the first album has it's moments, but from then on... It's such a fluke that they got so popular, but anything they've done since than has been pretty horrible.

Creating this thread or creating a thread with the name "What are your 5 favorite metal bands?" would be the same.

Unless your 5 favorite bands are relatively modern, not really.

Though since many people are having a hard time defining 'important' to their satisfaction, we should probably just change the thread to "Your 5 favorite modern metal bands."

you guys reckon dragonforce could be influental, or rather, important?

Yes I know it sounds horrid but think about it, through the fire and flames has xx millions of views (because of guitar hero obviously) and face it; there are non-metal people among those viewers so perhaps dragonforce is important in that way? spreading the metal or whatever

Yeah, if important = popular (and I did say you could look at it that way) then Dragonforce would be up there.

I don't think popular = influential, though. In the case of Dragonforce, I'm really hoping not.

Creating this thread or creating a thread with the name "What are your 5 favorite metal bands?" would be the same.

Not at all.. thats a whole different topic. For some this thread will obviously turn into picking their top bands but if you truly care about the subject then you will respond accordingly and analyze the metal scene to observe which bands truly have made a strong impact in the metal world. A few of the bands I picked dont even come close to my top 20 metal bands list.