what are the bands influences????jUST WONDERING

what are the bands influences????jUST WONDERING

Speaking for myself only here, with regards to influences and writing I'd say you come up with a mixture of things that all come from sounds you favour hearing.

This can include obscure references such as radio music and stuff you hear while hanging out with other people but the good stuff comes out when you write to the mood you feel at the time and you pick up on an energy and go along with it.

My playing style is influenced by the four years I spent with Dungeon though it does change as time goes on.

As for my tastes in music, I started playing guitar young and have been playing on and off through adolescence this made me listen to guitar and riff based music. I was listening to Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, all the typical stuff you first learn on guitar, prior to guitar lessons I was a big Beatles & KISS fan.

My tastes then went to Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Dio/Sabbath.

In the mid to late 80's Metal music took a melodic turn and I was listening to the likes of Dokken, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Europe, early Bon Jovi, etc.

I grew up as a typical Metaller that liked most bands with a good guitarist, i.e. Malmsteen, Van Halen, etc.

I wasn't big on the Death or Black Metal my limits were Megadeth and early Metallica.

Metal changed direction so there was that Skid Row, Faster Pussycat stage - short lived and the even shorter lived era of bands like Love/Hate & RHCP.

I then got back into more Power Metal based music due to my previous band and discovered the likes of Savatage and Running Wild.

After leaving that band I took a liking to the riffs of Rammstein and discovered of a liking of death vocals with Opeth.

I joined Lycanthia and it has opened my ears to more Doom and Gothic style Metal.

I find that my taste in music constantly changes but always stays along a Metal vein and I pick up on the energy in the band's music.

If you want to know where Lycanthia gets the sound that it does, it includes a mixture of all 6 member's tastes.

One member of the band will come up with a basis for a song by writing a song for their own instrument, then each member will add their parts to it to suit the song, by and large we aren't too strict on each others parts.

As I said these are my influences and do not reflect the influences of other members.

Sabine for instance will give you a completely different list of influences I assure you.

s

haha you got that right!

my personal influences would be My Dying Bride (every single album - major fan girl!), Theatre of Tragedy (albums: Theatre of Tragedy, Velvet Darkness they fear), a little bit of Anathema and Katatonia and other doom bands.

That said I do like all sorts of metal. For instance, I've been loving Fates Warning (Awaken the Guardian and the Spectre Within) as of late (John Arch is a God!!!).

As a band we've all got very different influences and I reckon that's a very good thing. That's what makes our music appeal to more than one audience.

I was listening to Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, all the typical stuff you first learn on guitar, prior to guitar lessons I was a big Beatles & KISS fan as a kid.

My tastes then went to Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Dio/Sabbath.

That's good enuff for me Stephen.....carry on rockin'!! :):headbang::Smokin:

I found the version of Paradise that I'm playing on.

A Japanese company lifted this track from the Changing Moods EP and packaged it as Dungeon's Demolition CD. The Demolition CD also features other tracks from Changing Moods.

s

Last edited by a moderator: