TestamenT (of course)
Cryptopsy-none so vile
Dimmu Borgir-All of em
Iron maiden-powerslave
soilwork-natural born chaos & steelbath suicide
meshuggah
Down-II
sodom-m16
and some other stuff i cant think of at the moment...

All my fav bands, Death
Cynic
Testament
Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse
Monstosity
Grip Inc.
Old Slayer
Black Label
Crowbar
Meshuggah
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Megadeth
Old Metallica
Suffocation
Anthrax
Carcass
Six Feet Under
Aborted
Iced Earth
Demons and Wizards
Control Denied
Hendrix
Steely Dan
Old Sepultura
Old Corrosion of Confomity
Old Ozzy
Obituary
Solo Bruce Dickinson
Pantera
Hate Eternal
Cryptopsy
Miles Davis etc. etc.

Control Denied,
Death,
Obituary,
Slayer,
Cradle Of Filth (from the cradle to enslave),
Machine Head,
Deicide,
and of course some of the good old Testament classics.

we need some more new, good metal bands. thats what the world is lacking at the moment.

I'm rediscovering Carcass, the great albums Necroticism: Descanting the insalubrious and Heartwork, a two very powerfull death metal album with a lot of technique (is this good spelled?, sorry but my native language is not english... lol :))

Did someone say Steely Dan?That's funny.I dug out the very first CD I ever bought last night;UFO,Lights Out.That album sounded mighty fine,too.

My list for the past few days:
Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer + Of Chaos and Eternal Night
Enormity - Inherent Enslaver
The Black League - Doomsday Sun + Utopia A.D.
Death - Human + Individual Thought Patterns
Down - Down II
Kotiteollisuus - Kuolleen Kukan Nimi

~No offense to whomever mentioned it but I think Steely Dan are probably the worst musicians in the world. Eww, I'd rather have root canal work done while Load, Reload and Risk were playing on shuffle.

~Anyways I've been trying to expand my metal a bit but I always end up coming back to the classics. I just recently ordered,... Nuclear Assault-Game Over/The Plague and damn do I miss those fuckers! If anyone needs to get back together it's NA. That one's probably one of the best speed metal albums ever made. Other than that,...

-Iced Earth: Dark Genesis box. Their Tribute to the Gods is a killer album, best covers album ever done easily. Maybe Testament should do one?
-My Dying Bride: The Dreadful Hours. Dark metal at it's finest.
-Summon: Baptised by Fire. Local technical black/thrash outfit,... if only they weren't so diabolical lol.
-Flotsam&Jetsam: My God. Some good riffs and ideas with dry production. But when did Eric AK decide to suck on vocals? Lard is not a healthy influence.
-Rotting Christ: Triarchy of the Lost Lovers. A new classic.
-Cannibal Corpse: Gore Obsessed. Even non drummers have to agree that Paul Mazo is so boring behind the kit.
-Monstrocity: Enslaving the Masses 2/disc. Probably the most underrated death metal band on the planet. They began where early Malevolent left off and have only gotten better with each album.
-Dragon Lord: Rapture. Any Testament fan with even the slightest black metal inclination will like this one. Plus you get to hear Eric Peterson (guitar and vocals) and Steve Digiorgio along-side new Testament members Jon Allen, (amazing drummer, hidden behind Sadus for too long) and Steve Smyth (perfect solos, puts James Murphy to shame)
-Megadeth: Rude Awakening 2/disc. The best send-off a great metal band could have done. Great live set, only missing a few of my favorites,... in fact this is such a good live album and closure for the band that I'm beginning to wonder if this break-up is planned?

The Haunted Live Rounds
Down II
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly - original score (not metal but it's fucking amazing)
Just got Human Remains - Where Were You When...
It's the entire discography on two discs of an amazing band.

Earache and Nuclear Blast sure know how to put good packages together.

There is nothing wrong with Steely Dan, I love metal, I AM metal, but sometimes I have to kick back and relax, in addition to metal , some of my other fav bands are, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Alice in Chains, AC/DC, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Faith No More just to name a few...as for Steely Dan being crappy musicians, you must have never listened to them, Reeling in the Years, and Do It Again are really great songs.

Originally posted by AjDeath
There is nothing wrong with Steely Dan, I love metal, I AM metal, but sometimes I have to kick back and relax, in addition to metal , some of my other fav bands are, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Alice in Chains, AC/DC, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Faith No More just to name a few...as for Steely Dan being crappy musicians, you must have never listened to them, Reeling in the Years, and Do It Again are really great songs.

~I only know of a couple of songs they wrote. One went "Jimmy don't lose that number" and the other was like, "Are you really Dr. Wu?" To me IMO, their singer is atrocious, cohesive song structures are most likely purposefully ignored to sounds avante', (bass and drums aren't even attempting a rythm section) and the instrument choices clash each other like John Tesh opening for Mayhem. On the other hand to be fair, maybe I wouldn't hate them so much if they weren't constantly pumped in at the super market I worked at for 5 years. Give me Blue Oyster Cult or give me death, that's real rock and roll.

I never said Steely Dan were rock and Roll, there more easy listening, and one of the biggest reasons I like them is because they always made music that they like and they have some great songs to show for it, all of their songs are't good however, although I like Ricky don't lose that Number, I can't say that some of their other songs are too good, i.e. Bhudisahttva. But anyways as I said before I listen to a lot of different things, Jazz is another favorite of mine.

Emperor -In The Nightside Eclipse
Emperor -Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
Emperor -IX Equilibrium
Emperor -Prometheus
PanterA -Reinventing The Steel
Down -II
Cannibal Corpse -Gallery Of Suicide
Cannibal Corpse -Gore Obsessed
Arch Enemy -Wages Of Sin
Arch Enemy -Black Earth
Arch Enemy -Stigmata
Nevermore -Dead Heart In A Dead World
MegadetH -Rude Awakening
Death -Individual Thought Patterns
Obituary -World Demise
TestAmenT -The Gathering
Children Of Bodom -Something Wild
Judas Priest -Painkiller
Superjoint Ritual -Fuck Your Enemy(Promo)

Hey I recently quit my job so I've had alot more time for my metal lately.

In Flames - saw them for the first time last week...DAMN!!!
Black Label Society-1919 Eternal - Zakk rules.
Blind Guardian-A Night at the Opera - goddamned masterpiece
AC/DC-Powerage - A little old ac/dc is always a good thing
Bronx Casket Company-Sweet Home Transylvania - cool side project from DD Verni of Overkill

thats just a few of the recent ones....

emperor: prometheus
emperor: anthems
emperor: self titled
anathema: judgement
my dying bride: dreadful hours
shape of despair: angels of distress
testament: first strike
death: ITP
dark funeral: diabolis interium
arch enemy: wages of sin
excommunion: superion