What are you listening to?

LavagesOfTime said:
Amorphis - Eclipse

two new albums out this year on nuclear blast from bands I like a lot (the other is Rage), two disappointments... :ill:

I quite liked Eclipse. BTW, did you know that Esa Holopainen (of Amorphis) used to work at the cd-store here in Helsinki? The store exists no more but I remember buying Critical Energy dvd from him. Nice guy.

Markoth said:
I quite liked Eclipse. BTW, did you know that Esa Holopainen (of Amorphis) used to work at the cd-store here in Helsinki? The store exists no more but I remember buying Critical Energy dvd from him. Nice guy.

huh. :headbang:

Cristina of Lacuna Coil used to work as a waitress in a pub in Milan, and I happened to have a beer served by her - though she was not yet famlous, it was the time they had their first ep out.

Feel_The_Force said:
Cool! Testament are amazing, really underrated in my opinion.

Judas Priest - Victim of Changes

Testament have always been the underdogs of Metallica. Which is a shame really as I think that Testament are far superior musicians. Chuck Billy could easily have James Hetfield for breakfast and Alex Skolnick is a gazillion times better that Kirk Hammett. Plus Testament have gone on to release better and superior albums with every new release as compared to Metallica.

forgottenglory said:
Testament have always been the underdogs of Metallica. Which is a shame really as I think that Testament are far superior musicians. Chuck Billy could easily have James Hetfield for breakfast and Alex Skolnick is a gazillion times better that Kirk Hammett. Plus Testament have gone on to release better and superior albums with every new release as compared to Metallica.

The soloing is so much better, it's heavier and faster and it is a pleasure to listen to. Also they didn't have a shitty period really, all their releases were solid and even the newest ones were classic Testament.

By the way i saw some of the Live In London DVD, it looked amazing! And Chuck really surprised me with his voice, he could hit all of the higher notes which i wasn't expecting him to do, guitars were excellent too, i've got to pick this one up at some point!

In Flames - The Jester Race

Uuuuuu .... Migrator! Extraordinary album!

I agree for Testament ... I like them much more than Metallica, expecially albums with Alex ... "Practice" rules!

Feel_The_Force said:
By the way i saw some of the Live In London DVD, it looked amazing! And Chuck really surprised me with his voice, he could hit all of the higher notes which i wasn't expecting him to do, guitars were excellent too, i've got to pick this one up at some point!

Glad that you managed to watch it. I take it that you have actually bought yourself a copy. Sounds like a cliche but this is easily one of the best live DVDs I have ever seen. There was a special vibe during this concert and everything seems to flow effortlessly. Chuck doesn't seem to have to make any effort to produce his mighty thunderous vocals that I always say that this must be his natural voice he was born with!!!

Did you see them during this current tour of the UK?