What are you listening to?

Most of the bands featured on their CDs are pretty boring...I respect the legends such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Jimi Hendrix, etc but they keep rehashing the same stories over and over again about the rock stars battling drugs. After a while it gets boooooooooring. And many times I've noticed that their articles barely talked about the actual music. All they go on raving about is how stuck on drugs he is...how miserable the other one was...how that one slept with so many women but never found love...they might even manage to make music sound boring...I remember I read a 4 page article about Led Zeppelin and the whole of the first page and a half was about the journalist doing the article!!!

I've always wondered why bands like Threshold never get at least a one page interview in Classic Rock when they can interview all sorts of supposedly contemporary bands which I find absolutely annoying and not even worth getting out of bed for.

Circus Maximus - The First Chapter

Giving it a bit more airplay again lately. ;)
Hope the second chapter will be finished soon.

Trivium - The Crusade

Saw them supporting Maiden and they were one of the best supports I've seen (despite the cheesy Americanisms) rivalling Halford and Dirty Deeds for that title.

Planning to see them on their own mini tour in April so thought I'd better get in the mood

Most of the bands featured on their CDs are pretty boring...I respect the legends such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Jimi Hendrix, etc but they keep rehashing the same stories over and over again about the rock stars battling drugs. After a while it gets boooooooooring. And many times I've noticed that their articles barely talked about the actual music. All they go on raving about is how stuck on drugs he is...how miserable the other one was...how that one slept with so many women but never found love...they might even manage to make music sound boring...I remember I read a 4 page article about Led Zeppelin and the whole of the first page and a half was about the journalist doing the article!!!

I've always wondered why bands like Threshold never get at least a one page interview in Classic Rock when they can interview all sorts of supposedly contemporary bands which I find absolutely annoying and not even worth getting out of bed for.

Well, what you need to do is get hold of a copy of Powerplay Magazine this month for a 3 page feature on the boys...

I just wish it had been me writing it - I got Chris Caffery instead, which was great as I've been a Savatage fan for years so can't complain too much!!

Si

Threshold and Chris Caffery in the same mag! Thanks for the tip. I will definitely check it out. Savatage is a major band and all time favourite for me even before I ever heard of Threshold. I haven't been on Chris' website lately. Do you know if his new album Pins & Needles is out yet?