what are you reading?

Carline said:
I just finished up reading lord of the rings AGAIN....
And started to read the godfather yesterday..
I love LOTR. I've read them all 2-3 times, last time was after I saw Fellowship of the Ring. I've never read The Godfather, but hear it is a good novel.
The ULTIMATE Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
I need to re-read these! I read the series as it was written & published. Have you seen the new movie? What do you think of it? (or is that a silly question, in light of your signature?)

P.S. I see you say you're in Cincy. Have you lived there long? (I grew up in Forest Park)

The Turtle and the Stars. Its kind of a Down to Earth book about this guys expiriences with people and how Natural Events can bring the world together..... Atleast thats what the summary says. I'm only 20 Pages into it and its ok.

Just finished To Kill A Mockingbird (yes, for school). Now I can read whatever, so I'm reading The Crystal Shard by R.A Salvatore

Smarkum said:
I need to re-read these! I read the series as it was written & published. Have you seen the new movie? What do you think of it? (or is that a silly question, in light of your signature?)

I thought the movie was fantastic, even though it's not an exact, page-for-page translation of the book that all the fanboys wanted. Keep in mind that the screenplay was written by Adams himself.

P.S. I see you say you're in Cincy. Have you lived there long? (I grew up in Forest Park

I've lived here about 20 years. I'm in the Colerain area. This city has gone to hell (or is pretty much every city like this?)

I've lived here about 20 years. I'm in the Colerain area. This city has gone to hell (or is pretty much every city like this?)
Yeah, I think cities in general are more difficult to live in and stay sane. Traffic, higher concentration of the ignorant and fearful, dirtier, etc. But then you have the trade off of more and easier access to concerts and festivals and museums. I found it odd that I had to move from Cincinnati in order to realize just how conservative a city it is. I left there in 1982. Since then, much of what I read about it hasn't been very pleasant...Marge Schott's racism, the Cinti police dept's racism, fanatical censorship of art, Robert Mapplethorpe specifically, etc. I do miss Eden Park and the Riverfront, though.

The answer to this SHOULD be my textbook for U.S. government class, seeing as how I have my AP exam in that subject tomorrow morning...but nah, I'm a slacker.

What I'm actually reading: Holy Blood, Holy Grail (because it came up in a discussion in the Philosopher forum...)

NeverIsForever said:
The answer to this SHOULD be my textbook for U.S. government class, seeing as how I have my AP exam in that subject tomorrow morning...but nah, I'm a slacker.
:) when I was in school, I found I had to switch reading materials while studying, or I would just not absorb anything. You know, a little text, then some fiction. Some more text, and then something else that was of my choice. I have many friends who said they never read for pleasure while in school because they were sick of reading for school. But I love to read so much I found that incomprehensible.

What I'm actually reading: Holy Blood, Holy Grail (because it came up in a discussion in the Philosopher forum...)
The Da Vinci Code thread? Yeah, I checked out that link, and it does look interesting, so I requested a reserve at my library.

Silent Song said:
Semiconductor Devices.

where's that puke smilie at?
I found lots here: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/index.html
zensiert021.gif
713.gif
zensiert003.gif

I read parts of my Apache 2 reference book. Now my webserver works. :)

I just finished Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. Good book, but maybe some of it's not all fiction?
Sadly at the moment i'm stuck reading papers for my university exams. Vector biology and population modelling are such fun!