Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
What are your favorite horror movies?

arrowreturnofthelivingdead3.jpg
dead1.jpg
dead2.jpg

rotld3_shot5l.jpg

This is probably my favorite female character on RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD PART 3

The WhoRe Mangler was pretty bad ass as well, a Las Vegas Indi Film...

127834.jpg

OTHERS:

Amry of Darkness
Jason X
HELLRASIER (ALL OF THEM)
BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS
EVENT HORRIZON
ALIENS
CREEPSHOW 1
WHEN DARKNESS FALLS
DAWN OF THE DEAD (ORIGINAL AND NEW)
28 DAYS LATER
[size=+0]The Shining[/size]

Lots of movies that are considered horror aren't actually scary to me, or sometimes not even horror... like Army Of Darkness(very comedy based), Jason X(more action than horror).
So to be a total Movie Nerd I'm gonna have to say the only Movies I consider "Whoa that scared me" HORROR are:
The Exorcist,
The Eye - http://imdb.com/title/tt0325655/,
The Grudge - http://imdb.com/title/tt0364385/, (this is being remade for the US with the Original director, so hopefully they'll do a good job, although I can't say I'm a big fan of most the actor/actresses in it), &
The Ring/Ringu - http://imdb.com/title/tt0178868/ (I actually liked The Ring[the US version] more).

Notice how 3 of those 4 are Asian films.
U.S. Studios can't scare people if their lives depended on it.

Those ones scared me.
But ones that are just all around good "horror" films are:
28 Days Later, Night of the Living Dead, Hellraiser(1st one), Evil Dead, Day of the Dead, & ....this list can go on forever, so fuck it.

The best era of horror (in my view) was definitely the 80s US horror scene. Lots of original and gory horror (especially so-called "body horror"). But, there are a few other random movies I love, too:

The Fly (David Cronenberg version)
The Thing (John Carpenter Version)
Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Re-Animator
Day of the Dead (in my opinion the epitome/masterpiece of zombie movies)
Dawn of the Dead
The Shining
Dog Soldiers
Hellraiser
Hellraiser II
Cemetary Man (aka Dellamorte, Dellamore)
Dead Alive (aka Braindead)
Return of the Living Dead
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness

dog soldiers is The Best Werewolf movie easily.
ginger snaps was alright too.

Evil Dead 2 I couldnt stand compared to the 1st.
But without the 1st, it's a lil' better.
1st evil dead was just so good.

I liked both versions of TCM
& for Dawn Of The Dead I think the remake kicked the orignals ass.

Justin what you said about Day of the Dead is Exact!

Dead ALive is so fun to watch but totally not a horror in my opinion.

More comedy in that than any other "horror" movie I've ever seen.
But ya gotta give Peter Jackson Props...cuz he's THE Man now.

If you're scared of The Ring, you're a pussy. I laughed during the whole movie. And Evil Dead and Army Of Darkness are the best. Can't believe no one put down Last House On The Left, awesome movie. Not scary, but for its time (early 70s) it was horrific.

"in the mouth of madness" and "the others"

not really scary.. alteast to me.. the only scary movies that have scared the shit out of me are.
some mexican movies from the 70s, dont remember the name.. one was about a little ghost boy that killed people, another one was about this dead girl in a all girl catholic high school, and another about this lady stuck in a cementary with her dead husband. now those were fuckign scary movies.. saw em long time ago.. on some independent channel never saw them again.

The only cool part about The Ring was when that chick came out of the T.V. I was sitting at the edge of my seat going "Yes! Yes! Git 'em!" But the movie wasn't scary... IT was awesome... I don't care what anybody says...