what are your reasons to hate Cradle of Filth ?

i never really got into COF myself. heard a couple of their songs and didn't like them

I actually like both bands mentioned. Dimmu's first albums were indeed black metal, now i just call them 'symphony dark metal' or something, both bands. Cradle's first demos were actually more deathy sounding, with some of the keyboards. This thread's more about Cradle though, the band have a sense of humor in person, and just play big, dark sounding metal. Not for some folks, but I can dig it.

I just listen to 'em and enjoy em. I like my vber kvlt sounding stuff too, usually moreso but i do really enjoy albums from these guys, Cruelty and the Beast is awesome, and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Stormblåst are two of my favorite albums.

Ill take this opportunity to re-affirm that CoF and Dimmu are not black metal, though DB used to be on stormblast and FaT. That being said, part of me appreciates the increased production values and so forth. I mean, Dimmu was what made me discover black metal. It was my gateway band. I enjoy cradle every now and again. I mean, I think Cruelty and the Beast is a really good extreme gothic metal album. I think the problem people have with COF is that how many people love them, and think that because they own Damnation and a Day and a COF tshirt, they are all hardcore black metal fans. And admittedly that IS really annoying. But its important to refrain from just black-listing ALL of cradle of filths music because of what has happened...same with Dimmu...I think stormblast is a really good album too. To blindly hate cradle of filth for no reason other than its a black metal thing to do is lame too. Like what you like, and dislike what you dont. I like some cradle, and some dimmu. *shrug*

Noble Viking said:
If "overexaggerated" production means Dimmu's keyboards will sound like a full scale orchestra behind them again (ex Progenies), I hope they "overexaggerate" their production everytime.

That was a real orchestra, but no thats not what I mean. The raw sound that makes black metal is so far gone I'm sure it won't ever return. Now it's just metal with low pitched singing. I seriously despise the way they poduced DCA. They should listen to Moonsorrow's latest album and get a revelation or something, that's how an album is supposed to be produced!

Bodoms gay said:
Bodom is the GAYEST shit i've ever heard, ever. cradle slayes them on every level. bodom is SOO fucking overrated its sickening. they have nothing on cradle, especially guitar wise, who the fuck likes such a gay fuckin guitarist. and their singer is the bigggest faggot i've ever seen. i've never heard a bodom song i liked EVER. once more, bodoms guitarist sucks, drums suck, singing sucks, cd covers suck and most of all the songs suck

wow.jpg

Varganatt said:
"Nick Barker's leaving from CoF is the worst thing happaned to CoF, drumming really sucked after he left the band. But honestly I am glad he left CoF... Why? Well, listen to Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia."

Now thats a masterpiece!

I heard he beat the shit out of dani filth.. thats why he left? :err:

did you know ... the entire cof crew paraded through the vatican city in shirts sayin 'jesus is a cunt' ... n they got jailed for that ... :OMG: surprise surprise ...
well of course they had enough dough to bail themselves out soon after ...

besides, i dunno to what extent this is true, ... jus read it in some metal mag.