What autographs did you get?

Well, no. They make them and sell them because:

1. There are fans of the band
2. Typically, fans of the band would have the same views AS the band.

The Slayer and Rob Zombie shirts are made for complete shock value. There isn't any Satan worship going on in those bands... Atheist, on the other hand, believe in the words on the shirts.

In reading Atheist's lyrics, I don't feel that there is any message that is contradicting their name. As an Atheist, myself, I find the back of their t-shirts amusing and truthful. I typically do not listen to music that has lyrics that go against my system of beliefs, so I guess I was talking for myself.

I find lyrical content important, but I will listen to a band that has different viewpoints from me if I think their music is good and the lyrics well written and sung. Religious viewpoint isn't really a factor for me when dealing with metal bands.

So you've never listened to any NSBM, or Christian-based metal, like Place of Skulls?

I listen to some NSBM, simply because I can't understand wtf they're saying. The only "Satanic" CD that I really enjoy and I can understand is Reinkaos, and that's because the viewpoints aren't really out there to OFFEND, but to explain.

also, I refuse to listen to any band that is labeled "Christian".

I saw the back text of the Unquestionable Presence shirt from far away, and I just assumed it was a track list. It wasn't on display at the merch table, so I didn't even see the back until after I bought it.

I still would have bought it anyway though. Dunno if that's the case with anyone else though.