ATHEIST COMPLETES LINEUP FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Reunited technical metal pioneers ATHEIST have just confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007 as the Saturday night headliners. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL (located just outside Chicago).

According to the band, this will be ATHEIST's final performance ever in the midwest United States before the band is put to rest for good. The band's featured lineup will include members Kelly Shaefer (vocals), Steve Flynn (drums), Tony Choy (bass), Chris Baker (guitar), and guitarist Sonny Carson (who will be playing Shaefer's guitar role due to Shaefer's long-running battles with tendonitis and carpal tunnel). If you live in the Midwest, you do not want to miss this show!

Final Powerfest lineup:

Friday:

LETHAL (co-headliner)
SOLITUDE AETURNUS (co-headliner)
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
SUSPYRE

Saturday:

ATHEIST
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
THURISAZ

Tickets for the fest are on sale now via all Ticketmaster outlets, and will also be made available at various Chicago area locations (The Colliseum, Threshold Music, Discount Records, Metal Haven & Impulse Music) within the next couple weeks on a "cash only" basis. Chicago Powerfest will be an all-ages event, and advance ticket prices are $18 per day or $30 for 2-day pass.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

WOW! Fucking awesome.

I think John is going to love you for this one. God damnit... last one ever in the midwest?! =(

I think your festival might come close to selling out.

Reunited technical metal pioneers ATHEIST have just confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007 as the Saturday night headliners. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL (located just outside Chicago).

According to the band, this will be ATHEIST's final performance ever in the midwest United States before the band is put to rest for good. The band's featured lineup will include members Kelly Shaefer (vocals), Steve Flynn (drums), Tony Choy (bass), Chris Baker (guitar), and guitarist Sonny Carson (who will be playing Shaefer's guitar role due to Shaefer's long-running battles with tendonitis and carpal tunnel). If you live in the Midwest, you do not want to miss this show!

Final Powerfest lineup:

Friday:

LETHAL (co-headliner)
SOLITUDE AETURNUS (co-headliner)
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
SUSPYRE

Saturday:

ATHEIST
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
THURISAZ

Tickets for the fest are on sale now via all Ticketmaster outlets, and will also be made available at various Chicago area locations (The Colliseum, Threshold Music, Discount Records, Metal Haven & Impulse Music) within the next couple weeks on a "cash only" basis. Chicago Powerfest will be an all-ages event, and advance ticket prices are $18 per day or $30 for 2-day pass.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Waiting a "couple weeks" simply to avoid the TicketBastard fees? I don't think so. That's why I just went out to TB and bought a 2-day ticket. See you there! :headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass:

Great job guys-- you pulled one out of the air in a clutch play at the end of the game-- great work!! I might have to make it out for this!

I have never heard any Atheist before so it looks like I am staying home. I would really like to see some of these bands, but I cant justify coming due to school work etc. Though I do look forward to next years lineup.

Edit: Although I would never have the chance to possibly see them again. Looks like I need to find some Atheist and Lethal samples etc.

I must admit that I am not at all familiar with Atheist, other than just knowing the name.
Congrats on getting them. It sounds like you have wanted to have them play for a while now.

I must admit that I am not at all familiar with Atheist, other than just knowing the name.
Congrats on getting them. It sounds like you have wanted to have them play for a while now.

Indeed an incredible band!! :kickass: Check out "Unquestionable Presence"...great album!!

And just a little tidbit for ya Jason...they are THE band that started the whole technical/prog/jazzy death metal trend. Influenced both Chuck Schuldiner to start getting more techy in Death & also helped to get Cynic noticed.

This will certainly be somehing special!! I can't wait!! :kickass:

Cool. I will be there for sure, though that was a given regardless of who headlined. As I always said about any fest, the best part is the possibility of discovering bands you weren't previously into.....