Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something generic such as a skull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I am thinking of making a battle jacket for something to do, as being unemployed gets pretty boring. Here are some ideas for a back patch. What do you think? I am about 70% set on the Grave Digger one, because it is badarse and less common, but also like the others. So vote, and tell me what you think.

Iron Maiden - Killers

548_0.gif

Grave Digger

533_0.gif

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance

1704_0.gif

Metallica - Master Of Puppets

560_0.gif

Metallica - Damage Inc (shitty patch, would get a better looking one than this if I decided on Damage Inc).

Metallica-Damage%20Inc.%201.JPG

Generic Skull or Something - I was thinking just a skull or something might be cool, but the Grave Digger one would be similar anyway. Another reason I am leaning towards that one.

Other - I was thinking something like maybe Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings cover or the Black Sabbath devil. If you vote other, let me know what!

I went British Steel for mine. Mainly because its the best album that will ever be made. :p You'll have trouble finding a Burnt Offerings back patch methinks.

You also want to avoid MoP I think, because its almost a cliche for back patches. I'd go with Salty, Killers is probably the best one for you on there.

I almost put British Steel up there too, but decided not to as I like the SFV one better.

I agree about MoP, but I also think the same thing about Killers. Killers looks fucking awesome, and would easily be the coolest Maiden one to have, but it is a little cliche.

You are probably right about the Burnt Offerings one, but it was more an example of an Iced Earth one than anything, since most Iced Earth ones would look cool.

:lol:

I am now actually considering making 2. My proper one with the Grave Digger patch (as you say, no one has it, GD are one of my fav bands, and it looks awesome), and an 80s tribute one with either Killers or Screaming For Vengeance. Might as well...my vest was a denim jacket from the oppy that cost me $2.50 ( :lol: ) so I can just get another, and 2 patches from the same place online would still be rather cheap.

Anyway, I will sleep on it. Keep voting people.

Well I have three battle jackets: the one I had when I was a kid (that still fits -- just) with my Aces High patch, one that was given to me by a neighbour with the MOP patch, and my latest one with a "Pretty Tied Up" GNR patch that I posted a pic of here once. I may have said this once before, but I am planning on wearing all of them at once at some point.

At Kreator the other night we were joking about making one that had patches over the top of one another, or perhaps, were sewn on like a book, so you could browse through them. :lol:

I do remember you mentioning the Pretty Tied Up patch. That is cool, great pic.

One of the coolest ones I have seen is the Black Label Society set you can get with the two banners and the skull. That would look badarse sewn on, but I am not a huge fan, and don't want to be a poser. Maybe I should get into them more so I can get it. :lol:

Blitzkrieg said:
At Kreator the other night we were joking about making one that had patches over the top of one another, or perhaps, were sewn on like a book, so you could browse through them. :lol:

:) That's pretty funny. BUt once you have a jacket with patches, you great a little tired of people going "Just a sec mate, what band is that one?" and "Fuck man, where'd you get the Tokyo Blade patch?"

The BLS set is pretty good, but unless you have a bushranger beard and sleeve tatts, you'd look like a complete wanker wearing it even if you were a Zakk fan.