What bands do you hope come back this Year??

Mar 10, 2008
Abingdon, UK
I REALLY hope Angra comes back this year, how about anyone else here? the last i heard was:
"Rafael's "Bittencourt Project", with Felipe Andreoli on bass, played an acoustic poket show in a book store in São Paulo for the promotion of their new record, Brainworms I. In the audience were Kiko Loureiro and Edu Falaschi, which at a certain point were called on stage to play the song Rebirth. It was the first time Angra played together after the pause in 2007, and it is surely a hint that the band may be coming back anytime soon. Lets hope for it!"

I'd like Yngwie to put out a good album for a change and tour the UK again. I also hope the keytar makes a comeback :D

Angra would be good but i think Andre is doing pretty well with his solo stuff so that is very unlikely i'd say :(

*Satriani is doing some "Chickenfoot" debut 2009 album with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith.

Yngwie brought out Perpetual Flame recently but it's just stock Malmsteen stuff. No surprises.

I'll stick with Trial By Fire then, awesome album! Will have to check out Satriani's stuff out aswell when it's released. (Don't ask where I got Stratini from!)

EDIT: Just found out that Joe Stratini wrote the Top Gun theme....learn something new everyday!

I really would love to see Angra come out with something new. I'd also love some updates on Sonata Arctica, considering it's been almost two years since their last release. Dream Theater and Nightwish should have new albums coming out this year, from what I last read. I hope Kamelot has something in the works, too.

I'm really looking forward to the return of Stratovarius. Also, I'm PRAYING that Rhapsody get out of that legal bind they've been in for god knows how long now. They have a new album written and ready to be recorded but can't do anything until this all gets settled.

And of course, I watched a video interview not too long ago on this little band called Power Quest and a new album will hopefully be released later this year...

Come back? None of the bands I want to hear from have gone away as such!

Yeah i didn't know how else to phrase that at the time - i guess what i meant is what releases are you looking forwrd to this year?
Personally i'm looking forward to new albums from:
Iron Maiden
Angra (Pleeease)
Cellador
Dream Theater
Sonata Arctica
Pagan's Mind

and i'll throw in a long shot - Lost Horizon

Ah I see, then:

Magic Kingdom - Symphony of War
Hammerfall - No Sacrifice, No Victory, Feb 20th 2009
Hot Leg - Red Light Fever, Feb 2009 (could be a laugh!)
That "Chickenfoot" thing
Muse - 5th album, 2009?

As usual I won't know one of my favourite bands has brought anything out until the last minute because I'm so clueless :S

Oh god, that's right, Cellador BETTER release their new album this year. It's been 2.5 years since their debut and they've had a full lineup since the middle of 08, I expect something fucking excellent. I loved when they put their demos up on the MySpace so often so you could hear them. I believe Bill wrote my favorite one, King Of Your Illusion (I still remember exactly how it sounds, haha) - I wonder to which band he's going to take that to. I bet Power Quest could do something awesome with that!

Maiden aren't bringing one out this year apparently. Which leads to massive sadness for me. :(

Oh man :mad: i thought it was penned in for December, haha all though i guess that could be classed as next year anyway.
And the Cellador album is scheduled for December as well - although as 1928 said they've been working on stuff for a while now so hopefully that date will be brought forward considerably.

Aye. As an Iron Maiden forumer, I hear these things. I must say, I'm quite disappointed if that is the case because that would change their 3 years between albums routine as has been the case the past couple of times. I think 4 years is a bit long for a follow-up no matter how big you are. Also, especially as they won't be around forever *cries*

EDIT: Just found out that Joe Stratini wrote the Top Gun theme....learn something new everyday!

CORRECTION: Steve Stevens wrote the award winning Top Gun theme (see video below), not Joe Satriani.

For those who don't know Steve Stevens is Billy Idol's guitar player but as a solo artist he has released a couple of CDs under his own name such as Flamenco A Go Go and Memory Crash (his latest output - check his myspace for music from that album). He has also worked with Bozzio Levin Stevens which released two CDs of experimental Prog Rock / Metal as well as playing on Vince Neil's Exposed and Jerusalem Slim with Micheal Monroe of Hanoi Rocks fame and last but not least on Michael Jackson's Dirty Diana. This is but a sample of Steve Stevens extremely prolific career!

Check out his music. I'm sure a lot of you will like what he plays.

Top Gun Theme - Steve Stevens & Harold Faltermeyer

Last edited by a moderator:
^ No probs. I think you might have been misled by the fact that Satriani has been playing the Top Gun theme live recently or something like that I heard. As a big Steve Stevens fan, it was a grave injustice to have the Top Gun theme credited to somebody else and was compelled to point out the inaccuracy! :)