what BEHEMOTH album should i start with?

zombie havoc

Feb 7, 2004
i heard a behemoth song on the metal channel on comcast digi cable last night and it FUCKING DESTROYED! i dont know the title or even the record its on. i want to pick up something by them next, so where's a good place to start? do they have any suck records?

thanks.

The video you saw was most probably from their death metal era. Check out "Zos Kia Cultus", it's a great DM record. If you're more into black metal, you could check out "Sventevith - Storming Near The Baltic".

zombie havoc said:
i heard a behemoth song on the metal channel on comcast digi cable last night and it FUCKING DESTROYED! i dont know the title or even the record its on. i want to pick up something by them next, so where's a good place to start? do they have any suck records?

thanks.

if it was a black metal song you heard and would like to hear more from that period i'd recomend "from the pagan vastlands" or "sventivith"

as for their death metal stuff go for "satanica" or "thelema.6", their latest (zos kia cultus) is not poor in any way but it's doesn't quite match up to the previous ones

Depends on what song you heard.

They started as a black metal band and gradually changed over to a blackish death metal.

For the current sound, try either Zos Kia Cultus, Satanica or Thelema.6. All are very good.

As for the black metal, I suggest Sventieth to start but the early stuff is real good as well. I don't have From the Pagan Vastlands but everyone praises it.

If you want a record where its a good mix of the 2 styles, then I suggest getting Pandemonic Incantations. Thats one of my fav Behemoth discs and has some of their classic songs.

Either way, you cannot go wrong with any Behemoth.

I only like Black Metal Behemoth.

I think anything from From The Pagan Vastlands up to Pandemonic Incantations is good, but I particularly recommend the Sventevith - Storming Near the Baltic album. The use of acoustic guitar is really hypnotic for some reason and you really get the "stormy" feeling from the album. Now they're just average grunt-metal.

Hi! the song you heard is from his black metal albums, but in fact they are not playing this music. Grom is a great album if you like this kind of black metal whit keyboards and female voices. Despite of most people in the forum says, "TELEMA 6" is the best album they have in fact. I think you should hear first this album firs, it's more clear and his production is better than zoskia kultus.

Heh I am listening to Pandemic Incantations right now. Are you a black metal or a death metal fan? If the song you heard that you liked so much was death metal, start with Zos Kia Cultus, and it it was black metal, Grom or From The Pagan Vastlands.