What album should i start with?

Aecliptica

NOT FRANCOIS
Dec 29, 2002
Montreal , Quebec
Visit site
new to anathema, have listened to "Sentient" , "The Silent Enigma" , "Fragile Dreams", "Are You There?"..... and i think they are great...so now tell me, which album should i start with and why.

Serenades, Pentecost III or Silent Enigma if you feel doomy, Eternity or Alternative 4 if you're into melancholic & depressive music + lyrics, Judgement if you have no taste, or A Fine Day to Exit if you wanna hear relaxing music.

If you start with eternity like me your favorite bands are gonna pass to a 2 line anathema is gonna be your favorite band for sure :hotjump:

1996 - I
1.Metallica pre load
2.Iron Maiden

1996 - II to nowdays

1. ANATHEMA :cool:
2. Iron Maiden

:erk: Metallica

ps. then continue with The Silent Enigma, Judgement & AFDTE in Order and if you like heavy f*cking stuff try the Pre Silent E. albums

Hope this helps you :wave:

I suggest maybe starting with "The Silent Enigma" or "Eternity". "The Silent Enigma" is kind of like a bridge between old Anathema and new Anathema. "Eternity" is one of my favorites because it has really rockin' parts. Check out "Serenades" or "Pentecost III" if you like slow, heavy doom.

Dude... get Judgement. First class album and my favorite! Next is Alternative 4, then maybe Eternity. A Fine Day To Exit has a few stellar songs (Temporary peace most notably) but i'd say i don't enjoy it on a whole like the others. The Silent Enigma is really good for doomy stuff and has the ESSENTIAL A Dying Wish on it. anyway that's my thoughts :p

Bumblefoot said:
Dude... get Judgement. First class album and my favorite! Next is Alternative 4, then maybe Eternity. A Fine Day To Exit has a few stellar songs (Temporary peace most notably) but i'd say i don't enjoy it on a whole like the others. The Silent Enigma is really good for doomy stuff and has the ESSENTIAL A Dying Wish on it. anyway that's my thoughts :p
well said

Doesn't matter much does it? If your going to like Anathema you'll like every album from TSE and on. I still say "Eternity" is the best, but I am wondering about the new one too.

Strangelight said:
well, we always say the best Anathema album is the neeeext one
So right!
I can't help laughing when I go to Paradise Lost web site on the band members page, they all say that their favourite album is "Symbol of Life".:ill:
Nananana guys, do you forget that you have committed far better albums before; "One Second", "Draconian Times", "Icon", or do you just want to sell...:tickled: