What can bands do extra for their fans?

^lulz.

I'd like three things from bands...

1) cheaper CD prices. There are many albums I'd like to buy and bands I'd love to support, but I can't afford it so end up downloading illegally instead.
2) Better thought-out live shows. Some of my favourite bands are so because they are awesome live.
3) More frequent live shows and tours. I want Nile to come over to Europe, damnit!

CD prices aren't solely dependent on bands unless they actually press the CD themselves. Blame everyone that is involved in the producing process. Everyone takes a cut of the profits, which is why they they are so high so that everyone gets their 'fair' share.

My friend argued that CD prices should be a set amount for EVERY artist, but I told him that it isn't feasible due to all the fees that go into making the CD, recording company cuts, manager cuts, the portion of the profit that goes to the store where you bought it from, etc. He doesn't see it from a businessman's perspective though and I understand that.

I hate it when bands put models on their cover, focus predominantly on any female members, or load their top eight with erotica. If I wanted to stack my playist with artists who compensate for their lack of talent by appealing to my sexuality, I'd listen to rap.

What about Manowar, where all the art appeals to raw male machismo and a bizarre vision of dominant male sexuality by showing absurdly ripped dudes conquering monsters while women cling to every limb?

What about Manowar, where all the art appeals to raw male machismo and a bizarre vision of dominant male sexuality by showing absurdly ripped dudes conquering monsters while women cling to every limb?
I've heard of them, and seen their albums in stores, but never made any effort to hear their music, or even to preview them in the store. They could be a great band, but judging by their art work, I doubt it. Either way, I will probably never know.

It's a week long drive to toronto or a 700 dollar (In Canadian... That could probably buy me a house in the states) plane ticket to go see ANY band that isn't composed of morons.

I've heard of them, and seen their albums in stores, but never made any effort to hear their music, or even to preview them in the store. They could be a great band, but judging by their art work, I doubt it. Either way, I will probably never know.

You should check out Kings Of Metal. It's not good in the way we normally think of things as good, but it is amazing. Every song is hilarious, and it's a lot of fun. From the arrogant title track, the ridiculously mysogynist Pleasure Slave, the quasi-fascist Hail and Kill, the storybook style Warrior's Prayer, and of course the pinnacle of ridiculousness, Blood of The Kings, every song is killer...