What can bands do extra for their fans?

If you really feel that strongly about it, why not take the time to explain why I'm wrong? I'm certainly willing to admit when I've made a mistake, but if you're not even going to make an effort to point one out, what reason do I have to change my perspective?

Your mistake was assuming that what you know of rap from MTV is correct and applies to all rap.

Go yourself a favor and get Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Taste of Rain ... Why Kneel to have your stereotypes completely destroyed. There is a VERY large underground that does not even in the slightest resemble the mainstream sex fueled rap.

...Or the the first four DMX albums.

Anyways on topic. The idea of anybody wanting something else other than the music and a simple live show is absurd. If it is given to the fans; fine. When fans ask for more; pushing the line.

What about Manowar, where all the art appeals to raw male machismo and a bizarre vision of dominant male sexuality by showing absurdly ripped dudes conquering monsters while women cling to every limb?
They don't compensate for their lack of talant though they just have fitting artwork for their music.

They don't compensate for their lack of talant though they just have fitting artwork for their music.

You're right. Nothing could ever compensate for their lack of talent.

Honestly, I love 'em, but they really suck.

Your mistake was assuming that what you know of rap from MTV is correct and applies to all rap.

Go yourself a favor and get Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Taste of Rain ... Why Kneel to have your stereotypes completely destroyed. There is a VERY large underground that does not even in the slightest resemble the mainstream sex fueled rap.
First of all, I'm referring primarily to what I assume to be the mainstream of rap, as I live in a dorm for half the year so I'm surrounded by rap all day long, from the gangster crap that my first wigger roommate always played to the Spanish stuff that the Dominican and Honduran kids next door always listened to, but I'm assuming once again that they're just like any other uneducated music listener and listen predominantly to what IRAA gives them permission to like. Additionally, I rarely watch TV, but what I have seen is all close ups of better looking women than what most of those artists could actually get if they weren't the stars of the videos, and cars bouncing.

Anyway, I obviously wouldn't judge all rap by this standard, just as I wouldn't expect someone else to assume that all metal bands include women in their videos to compensate for their music, like Dragpipe or Drowning Pool (and it's arguable that either of these bands are even metal in the first place). Also, my main issue with most of the rap that I've heard isn't even the terrible lyrics (excluding the Spanish lyrics which are hopefully better) or the extreme lengths they go to in order to overcompensate, but their near god-like ability to beat a dead horse. Admittedly, they do have a lot of catchy tunes, but when you take ten seconds of good music and loop it non-stop for six to eight minutes while rhythmically shouting (not singing) over it, you can begin to see why it gets on my nerves.

Anyway, yes, my opinions on some things are biased based on my experience, but I'm certainly willing to reconsider if anyone can give me a good reason, which up until this post, no one has. I don't think that's unfair. Unfortunately, I'm on dial up for the remainder of winter break, but I'll look up these artists when I get back to school.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Admittedly, they do have a lot of catchy tunes, but when you take ten seconds of good music and loop it non-stop for six to eight minutes while rhythmically shouting (not singing) over it, you can begin to see why it gets on my nerves.

The music underneath the rapping is somewhat secondary to the actual rapping, the content of which is what really drives any good rap tune. The method isn't all that unique when you consider that, say, folk artists often get by on three chords because of their effective storytelling lyrics. Ass-backwards compared to extreme metal, where you can essentially get by without knowing all the words and the intricacies of the instruments create most of the forward movement. If rhythmic shouting isn't your thing though, then yeah I see why you wouldn't be inclined to listen to hip hop.

The music underneath the rapping is somewhat secondary to the actual rapping, the content of which is what really drives any good rap tune. The method isn't all that unique when you consider that, say, folk artists often get by on three chords because of their effective storytelling lyrics. Ass-backwards compared to extreme metal, where you can essentially get by without knowing all the words and the intricacies of the instruments create most of the forward movement. If rhythmic shouting isn't your thing though, then yeah I see why you wouldn't be inclined to listen to hip hop.
Yes, and this is another thing that annoys me. It's like a lot of the fans don't even realize the music is there.

Well I'm sure they don't. But I wasn't necessarily complaining about it. Many metalheads forget (or choose to ignore) that discrete lyrics are there (in metal, that is), and I'm certainly guilty of that myself. It's pretty much the same thing the other way around.

I hate it when bands put models on their cover, focus predominantly on any female members, or load their top eight with erotica. If I wanted to stack my playist with artists who compensate for their lack of talent by appealing to my sexuality, I'd listen to rap.

:lol:

nerdy dungeons & dragons metal for closeted homosexuals into muscle bound men.

awaits Nec's response