what classic rk d0 u gys like....tell us now...or never

"What classic rock bands do you guys like? No great classic rock bands, please."

First, you need to explain what you mean by etcetera. Do you mean no classic rock bands with many hits, or do you mean the classic rock bands that everyone likes like Zep, Floyd, and such? The Guess Who had about two hits, as great as they were.

Barring bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple (who I fucking loathe), The Beatles, etc., I've always loved Elton John's work in the 70s. Jimi Hendrix was great for his time but there have been so many people circle jerking over him (including the entire staff of Guitar World for the past 30 years) that I find him dull and overrated. Sure, in 1969 he may have been inventive and groundbreaking and the best guitarist in the world, but it's 2015 and nobody cares anymore. Enough with the Hendrix worship. Same thing with Queen. A Night At The Opera was their greatest achievement and everything went downhill after that. Once again, people confusing great stage presence and musicianship with great songwriting.

"What classic rock bands do you guys like? No great classic rock bands, please."

First, you need to explain what you mean by etcetera. Do you mean no classic rock bands with many hits, or do you mean the classic rock bands that everyone likes like Zep, Floyd, and such? The Guess Who had about two hits, as great as they were.

Barring bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple (who I fucking loathe), The Beatles, etc., I've always loved Elton John's work in the 70s. Jimi Hendrix was great for his time but there have been so many people circle jerking over him (including the entire staff of Guitar World for the past 30 years) that I find him dull and overrated. Sure, in 1969 he may have been inventive and groundbreaking and the best guitarist in the world, but it's 2015 and nobody cares anymore. Enough with the Hendrix worship. Same thing with Queen. A Night At The Opera was their greatest achievement and everything went downhill after that. Once again, people confusing great stage presence and musicianship with great songwriting.

please dude. you made this difficult........ it WAS easy............ until you..... why.....Why............. WHy............ WHY................ YOU..........?????

Same thing with Queen. A Night At The Opera was their greatest achievement and everything went downhill after that. Once again, people confusing great stage presence and musicianship with great songwriting.
Uh, Queen was about more than great stage presence and musicianship. Saying Queen went downhill after A Night at the Opera shows you don't know much about them. Queen's written some incredible songs in their entire carreer. Queen's more than Bohemian Rhapsody, man.

I know they are, but nothing after ANATO, at least in my opinion. They became arena rock pop stars with a smattering of decent songs after that, especially the entire 80s period.

Queen was Freddy Mercury and Brian May...but mostly Freddy Mercury. They were prolific and hugely influential but pound for pound their material after ANATO just doesn't hold up.