What Did Santa Get You!

littlemissmetal said:
HAHAHAH education=spam! wooo
Lol, ok that was slightly dumb of me. Obviously noone's too uptight here about staying on topic, as it were, which is always a good thing.
littlemissmetal said:
i study law and german at cardiff uni, loads of deadlines, lack of a social life for the next month but its all good!! i LOVE it here!! i'm originally from about 20mins away west of Swansea and to be honest with you, Durham probably is best 'cause bar Crowleys rock bar and sometimes the office (and face/off for metal posers) there's really not much of a nightlife there unless you're into dance! Best of luck with applications, i remember how much of an ass UCAS was!!
Yeh UCAS isn't great but it could be worse (when you did it did they have the online application process? If not then it was probably a lot worse than it is now...) fortunately for me the application process is pretty much done anyway, just the 1 interview left and then I'll be all done. I have four offers already and apparently if Manchester give you an interview it means they are definitely going to give you an offer (so i am told) which is encouraging.

As for night life, I'm definitely not a club person :tickled:, but then Durham isn't really known for its clubs (in fact, it is well known to have one of Europe's official worst night clubs!) so it will probably suit me. Besides I can just take a bus into Newcastle to see gigs if there's anyone decent playing there (maybe Biomech could go there some time in autumn that would really kick off my first term of uni!)

I'll warn you now, Newcastle is pretty dead for metal gigs...

Leeds is a good place for them, theres Bradford, Sheffield, Wakefield all within very cheap transports reach, and that covers everything from cracking local gigs up to the big tours coming through Bradford...

Leeds is metal as fuck. Because I live here.

profskett said:
Lol, ok that was slightly dumb of me. Obviously noone's too uptight here about staying on topic, as it were, which is always a good thing.
Yeh UCAS isn't great but it could be worse (when you did it did they have the online application process? If not then it was probably a lot worse than it is now...) fortunately for me the application process is pretty much done anyway, just the 1 interview left and then I'll be all done. I have four offers already and apparently if Manchester give you an interview it means they are definitely going to give you an offer (so i am told) which is encouraging.

As for night life, I'm definitely not a club person :tickled:, but then Durham isn't really known for its clubs (in fact, it is well known to have one of Europe's official worst night clubs!) so it will probably suit me. Besides I can just take a bus into Newcastle to see gigs if there's anyone decent playing there (maybe Biomech could go there some time in autumn that would really kick off my first term of uni!)

hahah yea i was proper old skool with the type it out onto a sticky sheet and stick the sheet on the application:yuk: pain in the arse!! i love it where i am though, cant be happier!! even biomechanical USED to play here until they decided wales just wasnt good enough for them anymore! *AHEM!*

littlemissmetal said:
even biomechanical USED to play here until they decided wales just wasnt good enough for them anymore! *AHEM!*

:lol:

I know they did want to play Cardiff again as they got a great reaction when they last played there. Unfortunately some places couldn't fit in with the dates Biomechanical had. But I'm sure they'll be back in Cardiff sometime this year:)

Existenz said:
:lol:

I know they did want to play Cardiff again as they got a great reaction when they last played there. Unfortunately some places couldn't fit in with the dates Biomechanical had. But I'm sure they'll be back in Cardiff sometime this year:)

ill hold you to that one mister ;)