What did you end up doing last night? (PREPPY WILL BE POSTING HERE, PLZ VIEW)

once again, i veer dangerously off the subject:

why the fuck does the president always get "evidence" of people doing terrorist stuff or having weapons of mass destruction, but then he doesn't ever offer this evidence up? the fucking asshole.

it's just so sad that people are like "DAMN THOSE IRAQ BASTARDS!" not like saddam is a real nice guy, but hello? we put him there! hah. there are like, a bejillion problems with this latest press release that i can't even get myself to bother dealing with or listing out of sheer frustration. blah.

demonizing the enemy....

old media tactics that rubes still fall for...so in response there plenty of

"hell yeah we gotta bomb those dune coons...yee haaa!"

going around these days...

what makes me even more sad is that we have done this over and over again. those poor people. all those fucking people! we make them suffer so much. like in nicaruaga. it's just not right.
bleh.
no wonder i've gone half mad. i can't stop reading the papers. no one primary sources their material anymore! it blows my mind.

it's pretty damn hard to demonize saddam beyond what he does himself by LOWERING PEOPLE IN VATS OF ACID and employing an official "Violator of the Honor of Women" (state-sponsored rapist). :p

police officers don't release all the evidence of crimes, either, so why should nations? once the trial's over and there's no chance of revealing your sources or screwing up the investigation, it should clearly all come out (which is why I'm pissed Bush is doing away with that "release all Presidential papers after 20 years" rule). but DURING, i mean, yeah, I want to know what the sniper said when he called the police, but i'd rather not fuck up their investigation. same with international politics. another reason I think Bush is a crappy president: he's untrustworthy, and because it's necessary and right to conceal information like this until it's been used, you kind of need a trustworthy dude in office.

every day there's some new tragic story in the paper about our government fucking us, the environment, and int'l relations. it's unbelievably depressing.

I don't think Nicaragua is exactly comparable to Iraq, though...the greatest crime of the regime in Nicaragua was that it was left-wing, whereas Saddam's greatest crimes are not his political differences from our current administration.

i dont think they are comparable as far as why we started fucking with them, but our effects on the population at large will be just as detrimental. that was my point.

i dont think saddam should be left in power, but maybe we shouldnt be helping him to suppress the population, you know? either way it all comes down to a big heaping pile of US acts of terrorism which we deem as 'humanitarian intervention' and all that crap.

them: "we don't want/need your help"
us: "yes you do"
them: "no... really, it's cool"
us: "no we can help... it's no problem"
them: "no no... we got it."
us: "do you?... do you really?"
them: "we seem to think so."
us: "pshhh, whatever."
them: "what is the supposed to mean?"
us: "oh nothing... but we are still going to help."
them: "no you are not."
us: "watch me... errr... us"

blah blah blah, everybody excoriated the first Bush (justly) for not helping the Iraqi opposition to Saddam (the Shiites and Kurds, mostly), and now everyone is complaining when it looks like the U.S. will finally do the least-evil thing. that's why I fucking hate the Democrats almost as much as the GOP...they make everything partisan and will find a reason to oppose anything the GOP does.

yeah, we certainly shouldn't be helping Saddam suppress the population. we shouldn't be helping the House of Saud do it, either, nor the King of Jordan, nor...