What do Saxon-fans think about Glenn Miller-kind music

heavycelli

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
I often ask myself do a lot of saxon fans like Glenn Miller Music? I always have the idea that Paul Quinn likes that music, like I also do. I hope I can hear it sometimes during a chat-session somewhere. (So that particullary Glenn Miller- sadness-sound, with flavours of danger/ fear and those nice orchestra-riffs you hear in that Orcest Of Glenn miller. I would like to sea Saxon making a cover of one of that songs. For example the song PERFIDIA (1941)

(w-Eng.- Milton Leeds; m.- Alberto Dominguez)

"To you, my heart cries out, perfidia,
For I found you the love of my life in somebody else's arms.

Your eyes are echoing, perfidia.
Forgetful of our promise of love, you're sharing another's charms.

With a sad lament my dreams have faded like a broken melody,
While the God's of love look down and laugh at what romantic fools we mortals
be.

And now, I know my love was not for you.
And so I'll take it back with a sigh,
Perfidia's one good-bye. "

Thinks about treason in Love, and than Paul fills it up with nice riffs, and Doug the end-solo. **** Just some phantasy of mine, but deeply meant, I would love this***

Wow and I thought the shit i'm smoking was strong.But to honest my two friends who I visit often London love that stuff(as well as punk, metal, blues,rock n roll and just about anything that aint pop). So I get to here it from time to time and I can admit to tapping my foot.Just remember Simon Cowell is killing music not Glen Miller(or home taping)

I don't care much for Glen Miller but I do like jazz and big band swing as well as rock.

heavycelli said:
I often ask myself do a lot of saxon fans like Glenn Miller Music? I always have the idea that Paul Quinn likes that music, like I also do. I hope I can hear it sometimes during a chat-session somewhere. (So that particullary Glenn Miller- sadness-sound, with flavours of danger/ fear and those nice orchestra-riffs you hear in that Orcest Of Glenn miller. I would like to sea Saxon making a cover of one of that songs. For example the song PERFIDIA (1941)

(w-Eng.- Milton Leeds; m.- Alberto Dominguez)

"To you, my heart cries out, perfidia,
For I found you the love of my life in somebody else's arms.

Your eyes are echoing, perfidia.
Forgetful of our promise of love, you're sharing another's charms.

With a sad lament my dreams have faded like a broken melody,
While the God's of love look down and laugh at what romantic fools we mortals
be.

And now, I know my love was not for you.
And so I'll take it back with a sigh,
Perfidia's one good-bye. "

Thinks about treason in Love, and than Paul fills it up with nice riffs, and Doug the end-solo. **** Just some phantasy of mine, but deeply meant, I would love this***

Saxon covering Glenn Miller? Yeah... someone has been smoking some potent stuff! Actually, I'm not that into Miller, but I do like Coltrane, Return To Forver and a bunc of other jazz stuff. Also, the bass player in my band is a huge Miles Davis fan.... you'll never hear the end of it from him on Miles! I like all kinds of stuff, but I don't know about Saxon covering Glenn Miller. No disrespect meant, just joking around. Anyway, why not ask the band? Saxon members, post something here if you're thinking of covering Glenn Miller!

:lol: :lol:

Well, I think if you make sure the lips are moistened properly beforehand that should stop the soreness! A change in technique or position of horn playing may help too! ;) :lol: