what do you European guys think of Nile?

They are not nihilist enough and they are not from germany so they sucks :lol:

Oops wait a minute...I'm not even from europe this question is not for me, sorry! :)

I really don't get Nile at all. In theory they should be great, as they have a very interesting approach what with the whole Egyptology thing, but why bother writing lyrics about something as potentially interesting as ancient Egypt when all you can hear is "hmmmpphhhh ggrrhhhg bblllugghhh"?

If you're going to go off on a lyrical tangent, at least make them partly understandable!

thought they were ok but i dont think the whole Eygyption thing works too good, it kind of limits what you can write about imo and you cant hear the lyrics so there is not much point imo.
Cryptopsy are 10 times the band (even though they are canadian and not american).

hornet said:
I really don't get Nile at all. In theory they should be great, as they have a very interesting approach what with the whole Egyptology thing, but why bother writing lyrics about something as potentially interesting as ancient Egypt when all you can hear is "hmmmpphhhh ggrrhhhg bblllugghhh"?

If you're going to go off on a lyrical tangent, at least make them partly understandable!
I read this ten minutes ago and I'm still laughing my ass off!

They have some decent songs but all in all, quite boring a band. Give me Suffocation, Vital Remains, Spawn of Possession, Decapitated, Immolation or any actually interesting brutal death metal band over them anyday.

I like their music very much and I think they integrate keyboards very well in the few songs who have them. Karl has a nice approach to guitar-riffing.