What do you listen to ?

Heliotropic_Rose said:
of course death is death metal.....pretty much why death metal is called death metal

So "death" is the natural death metal? like the neutral death metal of all sub genres?

I dont think so! every death metal band have a sub genre in their music.

well, here's my top 3 list.
1.GRAVE = Swedish death metal veterans, still rockin' on!
2.KRISIUN = extreme death metal from brazil.
3.VADER = a mix between 70% death, 30% thrash and lots of blast beats!.

My list changes all the time. Bloodbath is always at the top but the rest changes. Right now, my top 5 look like this:

Bloodbath
Nile
Decapitated
Hypocrisy
Suffocation

ya that sucks, i wish i could see decapitated, nile and hypocrisy

i saw hypocrisy last year, but i would reall like to hear stuff from virus live!

breeding death said:
So "death" is the natural death metal? like the neutral death metal of all sub genres?

I dont think so! every death metal band have a sub genre in their music.
Agreed. Death metal emerged from thrash, and thrash emerged from punk...and so on. By the way, in my opinion Death wasn't the very first death metal band. Slayer, Kreator and Possessed can be considered proto dm...Nunslaughter and many other obscure bands did it before Death. Just felt like saying it.

DARK INFINITE said:
Agreed. Death metal emerged from thrash, and thrash emerged from punk...and so on. By the way, in my opinion Death wasn't the very first death metal band. Slayer, Kreator and Possessed can be considered proto dm...Nunslaughter and many other obscure bands did it before Death. Just felt like saying it.

Nunslaughter did it before death!?!?!?!?... no way... I think that was Possesed and Mantas (after knowed as "Death") with his demos "Death Metal" and "Death By Metal"... that was the beginning of the Death Metal in 1984 (and the name was taken of those demos, Death metal...)... some people said that Sepultura release the very first Death metal album but Bestial Devastation was released in 1985 (Well... in fact it was the first Death metal album because Possesed and Mantas release only Demos, but they are the Fathers of Death metal)...

Following bands started out early with "extreme" metal. The year before each band is the year the band was formed.

1979 Venom
1980 Mercyful Fate
1983 Bathory
1983 Mayhem
1985 Death
1985 Possessed

Thas's wrong...

Taken from the Official Possesed Homepage:

Possessed started with Mike Torrao (guitar) and Mike Sus (drums) as a garage band in San Francisco's Bay Area. They formed in 1983, and were basically a garage band, with several lineup changes. Late in 1983, though, their singer Barry Fisk committed suicide, and when they managed to recruit singer/bassist Jeff Becerra they formed the band Possessed.

And is the same with Death... 1983

Other death metal bands I listen to:
Suffocation
Decapitated
Deeds of Flesh
Cryptopsy
Dying Fetus
Death
Edge of Sanity
Gojira
Jigsore Terror
Terminally Your Aborted Ghost

Favorite death metal bands:
1. Bloodbath
2. Edge of Sanity
3. Decapitated

BastardSonOfGod said:
Thas's wrong...

Taken from the Official Possesed Homepage:

And is the same with Death... 1983

Yeah....i`m aware of it. Most of the bands have diffrent years depending on where you look.

It was just to show that some of the first extreme metal bands were active very early.

im very open mined to alot of metal music so i guess my maine genre` would be deathmetal

top 5
Opeth - orchid or still life(maybe not DM but hell they will always be my number one band \m/ hail opeth)
Cannibal Corpse - butcherd at birth
Nile - in there darkend shrines
Bloodbath - resurection thrugh carnage
Cryptopsy - none so vile (hell i love all there stuff its so addictive)

ha soz aboutthe spelling im shit at it but oh well this is the internet :lol:

does no one here like borgir or do they just not see them as death? also, what about old in flames and necrophagist? i dunno if those would all be considered death metal, but i think they are pretty good.

opeth
bloodbath
bodom
decapitated
necrophagist

hey cobo said:
does no one here like borgir or do they just not see them as death? also, what about old in flames and necrophagist? i dunno if those would all be considered death metal, but i think they are pretty good.

opeth
bloodbath
bodom
decapitated
necrophagist

Dimmu borgir are one of the best "Black metal" bands, but i really not see them as a death metal band ! but i'm ok with you they're really good !

In no particular order; Bloodbath, Job For A Cowboy, and The Black Dahlia Murder.

(I'm not even sure if those last two are considered death-metal. I consider them to be. And all three of them kick major ass.)

1.Hypocrisy
2.Bloodbath
3.Bodom:)u-huh: )
But anyway, i'm not that much into death metal...for now.