what do you miss about being a little kid?

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
i miss watching my dad race motorcross
i miss playing tag in a corn field
i miss jolt soda
i miss trying to rollerskate on dirt roads with my sister
i miss this huge garden my parents used to have which was at least 1/4 of an acre.
i miss that my grandmother used to put plastic on her spare room walls and let me 'paint' them with poster paints.
i miss my irish setter Gabe.
i miss the lack of responsibility
i miss my old friends
i miss swingsets
i miss going to dinner at the friendly restaurant every friday with my grandfather

(this post is totally emo)

I miss my big, old garden too. Can't have anything like that out here in the west without having millions of dollars.
What I wonder about is, how do little kids simply not care about extremely hot weather? I know I used to go out and play in totally humid, sweltering weather and not care at all. Now? I won't even step outside.

avi, believe it or not, little kids and old people have about 60-70% less sweat glands that are functioning, so hot weather seems less offensive to them when it's humid especially. however, it makes them more prone to dehydration and heat stroke.

i miss having good dreams.

i miss looking forward with a sense of amazement toward the weekends.

i especially miss not having substantial hormones.

i realize it's kind of annoying that i have a plethora of entirely useless shit in my brain. so i am glad it became useful today.

i miss the idea that girls liking someone meant they threw rocks at them to get their attention at recess. little rocks, not the ones that give bloody noses. that was hott.

actually, i miss recess as a whole. kick the can and kill the man with the ball are simply things i can't get away with playing now no matter how hard i try.

chupe666 said:
i miss the idea that girls liking someone meant they threw rocks at them to get their attention at recess. little rocks, not the ones that give bloody noses. that was hott..

i used to have a young lady that would throw french fries (sweetly, the ones without ketchup on them) at me, AND punch me. sigh sigh.

i would always be the husband/dad when we'd all play house, too. i forget what that entailed back then, but it was definitely most hottt.

unfortunately, a lot of times the wife was my friend glenn.

- the feeling you get at 3:00 pm on the last day of the school year
- building snow forts (I'll do this again but it's not quite as fun these days for some reason)
- biking around the neighborhood

cover_glenda.jpg

I miss hedbanger's ball and moshing in my living roon with my brother.

I miss not having to shave.

I miss playing ninja turtles and having forts out of milk crates.

HAS NO ONE GOT ANYTHING TO ADD???

Um...

I miss our lunch lady Rose that used to make us clean up our trays no matter what we brought/bought.

She also gave us pink slips that made us stand with our noses against the wall at recess. I DO NOT MISS HER FOR THAT. BITCH.

i'm with static on this one...

but here are a few things i should mention.

-i miss harmless child vandilism... ok, and non-harmless acts of vandilism
-i miss my brilliant plan of pulling stuff animals in front of cars at 1 a.m.
-i miss playing hockey
-i miss high school... yep... the whole thing
-i miss playing in bands
-i miss my Haro (that i only had for two weeks before it was ripped off)
-hours of video games
-my grandparents cabin in WI
-i miss sneeking out of the house
-i miss sneeking girls into the house

stuff