What do You think bout Warwick heads?

Feb 17, 2006
Hey guys! What do You think about Warwick heads? I found them quite well sounding but the question is why does nobody (of a well known artists) use them?.. :err:

Personally I've had a warwick set up - a quad 6 with 4x11 and 1x5 cabs - and they were cool but you just don't get the clarity on the low mids - that said the heads are very good value for money in england - i know use a mesa big block 700 with a powerhouse cab (4x10 n 1 15) which is mind blowing. Try MARKBASS also they are a joy to play with a real tight low end. I wouldn't personally toch a trace elliot even if was given to me - i've used them in the past and found them to be lacking punch. That being said you can't go wrong with 8x10 cab and an ampeg for metal.

Razorjack said:
I'd take an Ashdown/Trace Elliot over a Warwick head anyday.

The Warwick MUST really suck then! I haven't tried one but I have recorded Ashdown and Trace many times before and I don't like them much... if not "at all".

Ampeg is the king of bass amplification in my opinion.

Gomez said:
The Warwick MUST really suck then! I haven't tried one but I have recorded Ashdown and Trace many times before and I don't like them much... if not "at all".

Ampeg is the king of bass amplification in my opinion.

At the Ampeg price level you should check out Quantum.

Everyone has bad gear experiences, but my traumatic time at the hands of a Quad VI and Warwick 'Terminator' drove me nuts for about 4 months.

I limped through the tour, and by the time we came to rehearse again, I'd ditched the Quad VI in favour of a Warwick solid state amp, and that, or the terminator failed after about 5 days. In the end I used an old Peavey 150W amp and knackered old 4 x 10 and 1 x 15, and it blew the Warwick stuff way....

i complained to the dealer that my Quad VI and terminator were too quiet, and if I plugged in to the vocal PA, it was perfect by comparison. "Ah" he said, "but the sound quality is so much better on the Warwick.." Great, but if you can't hear it, who the f**K cares..?

Sorry for the rant, but I'd spent hundreds of GBP on 'Pro' Warwick gear and courier fees to get absolutely nowhere.

I might chuck it all in a landfill and save for some Ampeg gear - 8 x 10" cab & amp combination I used last year absolutely thundered. It had 'that' sound.

GO AMPEG!! (imho)