What do you think of this singing program?

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
The guy seems to have a lot of big clients like Hayley Williams , but I've never heard of this program until now. $200 set includes 12 cds and a dvd or something. Anyone heard of this or think it would be worth it? I know a lot of guys here ask about vocal technique and usually only Melissa Cross gets mentioned (whose DVDs I've been using for years now). Anyway this is the guy's site

http://vocal-coach-voice-training-techniques.blogspot.com/

http://singingsuccess.com/products/full-singing-success-program

Edit , also found it on amazon , has some pretty good reviews.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Brett-Mannings-Singing-Success-Manning/dp/0972282416[/ame]

2:17

Schmoly autotuner Batman! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a very good youtube channel with lots of tips and tricks uploads like twice a week or something if you need to warm up to it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SingingSuccess

Crillemannen has done one of their courses. He'll chime in here sooner or later I guess.

I'm on my 2:nd week in to singing success, gotten to the 2:nd lesson. Nothing major has happened in my range yet. I've become much more loose and relaxed though. 3 weeks ago I usually could nail F and G below high C (fret 1 and 3 on the high e string) a few times after that I'd start to break, I feel much more relaxed nailing those notes now.
Range at the moment: E2 to F#5, E on the low E string to F# above high C (fret 14 on the high e string). But E2-G2 and E5-F#5 sounds like shit though.

ITS IS THE GREATEST PROGRAM EVER!!! haha... Well, i've done both programs. Lately Mastering the Mix which has improved my voice so much. I posted in another thread, and as i said there this program has increased my range about 1,5 octave (no kidding!!!). I was quite experienced before so i don't know how well you can do it if your kind of new to practice singing in that sense.

Mastering the Mix was soo hard in the beginning but after about 4months it started to go great, and now i have a great blend of head and chest mix. Thanks to that i can sing as high as A above male High C. And hitting high B-C's so easy. Brett is the man :) Ask me any question regarding that and i'll try to answer them

Cheers

Just wanted to say I bought Singing Success and I absolutely love it ! He explains things so well and the exercises really help. I'm only on disk 3 right now though
Have you done the Mastering Vibrato one? Thinking about buying that too as I can't do vibrato to save my life at the moment...

Vibrato is the way to release. Without vibrato your voice is automatically strained and pushed. Im not saying that you need to do it all the time, but not being able to do it whenever you want, then you got serious trouble as a singer.

Jay buy mastering the mix, it is an awesome program :)

Doing a vibrato isn't hard. Doing a fast, nice and even vibrato around 5-6 oscillations/second is much harder, at least it is to me. Listen to Josh Groban, his vibrato is so fast I can barely nail it at half his speed.
Vibrato comes easier for some people, others have to work harder to get it up to speed.

Well a "real" vibrato isn't that easy really. Because to do a real vibrato you need freedom in your chords. In mastering the mix you use vibrato to losen up your voice from strain, because it is all about chord cordination, learning those tiny muscles around yor chords to do what you want when you sing.

Well a "real" vibrato isn't that easy really. Because to do a real vibrato you need freedom in your chords. In mastering the mix you use vibrato to losen up your voice from strain, because it is all about chord cordination, learning those tiny muscles around yor chords to do what you want when you sing.

Yeah what I meant to say is I can do vibrato , but it's so slight to be barely noticeable. I can't yet do the long drawn out vibrato like Howard Jones etc.

Yeah what I meant to say is I can do vibrato , but it's so slight to be barely noticeable. I can't yet do the long drawn out vibrato like Howard Jones etc.

Ok. But you can practice it to be better . What i meant was that release of the chords and vibrato is related. When your voice is getting more release the easier it will be for you to do a nice vibrato.

You should really buy Mastering the Mix. And practice continuous and you will have great results. :)

Ok. But you can practice it to be better . What i meant was that release of the chords and vibrato is related. When your voice is getting more release the easier it will be for you to do a nice vibrato.

You should really buy Mastering the Mix. And practice continuous and you will have great results. :)

Well I'm doing Singing Success right now , I was going to do the Mastering Vibrato next...

I checked out Mastering Vibrato briefly and he was basically talking about how most singers learn vibrato while learning to sing properly but for others they must do exercises to really bring it out. He says that other teachers saying that vibrato can't be taught is only half true , and that some of it should come naturally. The way he explains it and the first few exercises really helped me wrap my brain around the idea of how vibrato works , that guy is really good at explaining things.

^Singing Success, Mastering Mix and Mastering Vibrato are all exceptional programs. Brett Manning, at least for me, is an amazing vocal teacher and my voice has greatly improved so far.

Yeah my experience too. :)
I've gone through the technique section of singing success now. I've done each cd for a week to make sure I've really nailed it. It's quite surprising how much I've developed since I started the course in January.
I started taking singing seriously around the end of the summer 2010. I mainly sang to my favorite songs, no exercises like the Singing success does. So that's about a half year of almost daily singing. The range I had after that period can be found on the third post, but the break between head and chest was very obvious back then. Today I can go as high as to a Ab above male high C and somewhere between C#2-Eb2, my guitar doesn't go any lower than E2... But it is the smooth transitions between registers that I've developed so much from this course, my singingvoice probably sound completely different than what it did a few months ago.

The point I'm trying to make is that the exercises in Singing success is incredibly effective!

I'll probably start with Mastering the mix soon. I'll review it and my progress when I've finished that one, not that I think anyone cares. :D It's more for my own amusement...