What do you think?

Mexus

Jul 18, 2002
Cologne,Germoney
Visit site
Hi,

just give me your impressions about The Odyssey ,which means to describe precisely the pros and cons of the album. Feel free to go into detail in order to name your favorite parts, passages or peculiarities nobody has noticed so far.

However, I try to be concisebecause I could fill pages over pages and write my own book....Well, Accolade II has a very sexy refrain and the end of the song when Russell repeats "Only the righteous" 3 times is :worship: . The title track is a masterpiece, the last part of it, part VII, is one of the best songs SX has ever written! Part IV, Circe, contains a great lyric line: "We sit adrift on the open sea, the gift of wind, by Zeus, concealed, so carelessly,we break the waves on a course untrue, across the endless plain of blue, A NEW COAST IN VIEW! :eek:
Part II: "Seems like forever that..."
Awakenings: HERE I AM-AT THE CROSSING OF LIFE I STAND...AWESOME!!! + solo at 7:04...:)

So far so good. To be continued....

I'll have to agree with SarkOfAge; the music is excellent, so why discuss details in particular. Taste is such an individual concept that discussing it usually just ends up with fighting.

I think the entire album is great aside from a few small parts. In King of Terrors, the guitar part for the verses is sorta plain.... I think Romeo could maybe have done a little more variation there, otherwise the song is great, the chorus espessially rocks. Next is Wicked. Awsome riffs going on during the verses... but then suddenly right after "she said..." you here "ooooohhh fooooreeeverrr" i really didnt like the way they excecuted that. The way they harmonize sounds sorta like the chorus of Sea of Lies (one of the few SyX songs i really dont like very much) and i think they could have given the song a better chorus, otherwise Wicked rocks, its still a good song. And finally, Incantations of the Apprecntice..... the whole song is just sorta... blaa... and bland.... it starts off nice but then after like the first minute or so it just goes downhill. Its the only song on the new album i dont really like. Otherwise the entire album rocks. Espessially Awakenings (my favorite track, Pinella goes NUTS in that song, AWSOME keyboard work), Accolade II (blows the original Accolade away, which was a great song to begin with), and of course the title track which is just a pure masterpiece the whole way through. I also rather like Inferno. Anyway, just my constructive critisism and analysis. I do agree with what you guys said about not analyzing things too much, and I do agree, just felt id state my opinions. Overall the new album is awsome stuff.

Originally posted by joebobodo
I really like that part, but hey, to each his own. :)

I really like that part too. And it isn't 'oooohhhh forever', it's 'Burn Forever'. Wicked is a perfect song and Accolade 2 is a little boring compared to the energetic first one. But I do agree KOT is a little bland.