What do you use to program drums?

I use Addictive Drums with a fuckload of external processing. I've made 3 snare that I really like, so I usually start with those and then blend in a sample at around 50%. I always replace the kick. Usually I'll leave the toms, and then I do a lot of processing on the cymbals.

I love ADs room mic, it gives cymbals that compressed, "washed-out" sound that has become popular in metal these days.

Plus fucking one. :kickass:
Personally, I'm having more problems with the kicks/snares. The overheads are usually just fine.

Really?!
When comparing AD and Superior Drummer 2.0, I played both using my Roland TD-3 and I much preferred SD2.0's cymbals and how they sounded. The room mics are miles ahead of AD's! I only really liked the kicks and snares from AD. I even bounced down some of AD's snares for some blending when drum replacing. AD's snares have a nice 'crack' to them!
Each to their own I suppose!

Anyways, back on topic - I don't use any of these to program drums - they are the drums.
I use a combination of my Roland TD-3, MIDI grooves that come included with the various drum VST instruments and hand editing within Reaper to program my drums. Loading a MIDI groove that is in the ballpark of what you want and then editing it to suit is the easiest option and sometimes I'll just lay down the groove on my e-kit and quantize it.

Really?!
When comparing AD and Superior Drummer 2.0, I played both using my Roland TD-3 and I much preferred SD2.0's cymbals and how they sounded. The room mics are miles ahead of AD's! I only really liked the kicks and snares from AD. I even bounced down some of AD's snares for some blending when drum replacing. AD's snares have a nice 'crack' to them!
Each to their own I suppose!

Well I've just disagreed with the "the rest is pretty muck" statement, SD2 really is better, but AD really gives very much, considering it's 10 times smaller...

Anyways, back on topic - I don't use any of these to program drums - they are the drums.

I use those to program the drums from scratch, I never use any premade grooves, beats or fills and AD was really nice in terms of dynamic response.