Andy, what do you use for summing ?

Andy Sneap said:
calculator

The widget or the application? :loco:

indexcalculator20050412.jpg
maccalc.jpg

Well, here at Tiny Telephone, we don't believe in digital. This is the only way to go -

abacus.jpg

metalkingdom said:
Well, here at Tiny Telephone, we don't believe in digital. This is the only way to go -

abacus.jpg
I use an abacus for mixbuss summing as well. I'll stick with digital summing to the main mixbusses, but then I output each stem (i.e. guitars as a stem, drums as a stem etc) and convert the output waveforms to hexidecimal for use in manual calculations.

then, out comes the abacus.

the reason I use an abacus for summing is simple, there are going to be a fair number of unchecked errors in these calculations (no, I don't do any error corrections on my abacus math, it already takes about 250 hours of work to sum one 3 minute song as it is). these errors inherent in my calculations lead to a very pleasant sort of harmonic distortion in the final program material. I just love the way it sounds. in fact, it's the only true digital to analogue back to digital conversion that exists.

Sly said:
ahahaha

I meant "summing mixer" :D
and he answered your question. he relies on the digital mixbuss in his host. in other words, relies on math. hence the calculator.

Actually, the Mac OS X calculator app has two other modes (viewed in my l33t theme of choice - BBX Platinum):

Scientific:
CalcSci.png

Programmer:
CalcProg.png

Additionally, it includes unit and currency conversion (automatically updates to the latest exchange rates via the internet), virtual paper tape, etc.

My calculator is better than yours, bitches! You have been pwned! Bow down! This, of course, makes my mixes better too.

Kazrog said:
Actually, the Mac OS X calculator app has two other modes (viewed in my l33t theme of choice - BBX Platinum):

Scientific:
CalcSci.png

Programmer:
CalcProg.png

Additionally, it includes unit and currency conversion, virtual paper tape, etc.

My calculator is better than yours, bitches! You have been pwned! Bow down!

lol