what does "Borknagar" mean...

Yes, but I showed my ignorance first! I'm so proud of myself! :lol:

Actually, Borknagar could mean something in my language...

"Borke" is a sort of tree (English "bark") and "nagar" sounds much like "Nager", which is basically a rodent. And a Borknagar would then be someone or something which gnaws on barks. ;)

Øystein said in an interview (probably in Scream,..?) that he came up with the name when he heard about some celtic god(dess) or some holy thing (a stone??) or smth like that; don't remember exactly what, but anyway, he twisted the name a bit, and it became Borknagar.

Originally posted by Fjelltussa
Øystein said in an interview (probably in Scream,..?) that he came up with the name when he heard about some celtic god(dess) or some holy thing (a stone??) or smth like that; don't remember exactly what, but anyway, he twisted the name a bit, and it became Borknagar.

hmm - I only remember that it was stated that B. was a fiction word,
but I don't remember the details...
*thinking about if I'm gonna bother look through my Scream mags..... not now*

it's simple... BORK was stolen from Star Trek - hehehe. just kidding ofkoz. i don't know what does mean...

Very good! ;) Should I call myself Somber Crow from now on? Honestly, the resemblance wasn't planned. I only later saw that the pic actually looks Crow-ish. Still, I like it. :)

Originally posted by Xhorder

No no.. it's borrowed from the Swedish chef in the muppets: "bork" "bork" "bork" "bork" "bork"

i don't seen swedish muppets, but it's sounds convincing;)

Originally posted by Somber Soul
Very good! ;) Should I call myself Somber Crow from now on? Honestly, the resemblance wasn't planned. I only later saw that the pic actually looks Crow-ish. Still, I like it. :)

I like it too... keep it

Originally posted by Somber Soul
Yes, but I showed my ignorance first! I'm so proud of myself! :lol:

Actually, Borknagar could mean something in my language...

"Borke" is a sort of tree (English "bark") and "nagar" sounds much like "Nager", which is basically a rodent. And a Borknagar would then be someone or something which gnaws on barks. ;)

Hehehe that's right, I had the same thoughts... hehehe Borkennager... :)

You guys are kind. :oops: I'll keep the picture, of course.

Silkie, we obviously speak the same language then. ;)