Borknagar tour Question

Oh i dont know, as much as i love black death doom and grindcore, i think static x are cool.I'm gonna stir things up a bit and suggest that american song writers in metal are not intelligent enough, (or miserable) enough to write lyrics as great as the black and doom genre.you americans dont really have a great ancient history, whereas england , norway and sweden do, you dont have medieval legends like we do.sorry but all you got id George dubya bush blowin the shit outta everything, not exactly the stuff of legend is it????

Originally posted by rasluka
I just wish the US would get some decent bands, all we get here is NU metal or shit ass bands.

Define 'decent' bands, 'cause from where I sit, we've gotten (and are getting) some serious quality tours coming through.

Within the past 5 months:
Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer
Hypocrisy/Soilwork
Immortal/Manowar
The Crown
Queensryche
Judas Priest
Morbid Angel/Motorhead

In the next 5 months (or ongoing):
Arch Enemy/Nile
Kreator/Destruction
Virgin Steele
ProgPower 3.0 in Atlanta (w/ Blind Guardian, Angra, Gamma Ray, etc.)
Slayer/In Flames
Decapitated/Immolation

I'm sure there's actually quite a bit more than that, I just don't remember them or never knew about them. So what's the problem? I mean, aside from Borknagar not touring here...

Originally posted by LadyA
...I'm gonna stir things up a bit and suggest that american song writers in metal are not intelligent enough, (or miserable) enough to write lyrics as great as the black and doom genre.you americans dont really have a great ancient history, whereas england , norway and sweden do, you dont have medieval legends like we do.sorry but all you got id George dubya bush blowin the shit outta everything, not exactly the stuff of legend is it????

I'm not even going to comment at the blatant idiocy displayed with this statement.

lemme guess your an american? SEE everybody what I tell ya???:cool:

Yes I am, and proud to be one. Lemme guess, you're a stuck up Brit? Do you wear a wig in Parliamentary buildings? And I'm absolutely certain you have shitty teeth, right??

Boy, ain't stereotypes fun?

What I mean by good bands is Hades (almighty) Nargaroth (never will happen), Absu (maybe at SOTNC fes in Texas) Judas Iscariot (never wil happen again here in USA) ect ect

ew, yes well actually i do eat sandwichs with no crust, and boy do my teeth smell.IOh and that tea,wow cant get enough of the stuff.i was stereotyping i was stating a fact, americanmetal is shite
. end of

ew, yes well actually i do eat sandwichs with no crust, and boy do my teeth smell.IOh and that tea,wow cant get enough of the stuff.i was stereotyping i was stating a fact, americanmetal is shite
. end of

You're obviously not all that intelligent. What are you doing at a Borknagar forum? You won't find many uh, Slipknot, Static-X or :lol: Mortician fans here.

At the risk of stating the obvious, there are plenty of superb Yank bands btw, and not a one of them is nu-metal. I mean, you're not trying to pass off that Brit metal bands are superior, are you? As much as I love them, the legacies of Judas Priest & Iron Maiden can only carry you so far.

well for one thing i hate slipknot so dont insult me. for a second, Static X and mortician? some of us have a varied taste in music.niot all metal fans are closed minded numb skulls, lemme guesyou only listen to metal with the label "death"regardless of whether you enjoy listening to it or not.

whilst i accept that we all have differing oppinions, i will state that some (mine and soviets) are more important than others, on account of the fact that we dont tkae life too seriously.

And america does suck and everything that came out of it.(apart from dwayne jonson, hes lush)

As you know, we Soviets love to take advantage of breakdowns in Anglo - American Relations.

You can laugh as hard as you like but I do like Static-X and even the American Head Charge (What a blast live!!), but....

I can see my American friend's point about 'diluted' metal. We must try and keep it pure so that the door to the nu-metal disease is closed and barred.

Slipknot? erm.....

well for one thing i hate slipknot so dont insult me. for a second, Static X and mortician? some of us have a varied taste in music.niot all metal fans are closed minded numb skulls, lemme guesyou only listen to metal with the label "death"regardless of whether you enjoy listening to it or not.

Don't insult you? How 'bout this? Fuck you and YOUR narrow-minded opinions. You don't know the first thing about ME OR America for that matter.
thefinger.gif

I actually listen to pretty much ALL kinds of MUSIC, not just metal. So you're right, not all metal fans are closed minded numb skulls. Obviously just the occasional cunt from England.

whilst i accept that we all have differing oppinions, i will state that some (mine and soviets) are more important than others, on account of the fact that we dont tkae life too seriously.

Don't know who soviet is, and I don't really see how relevant that person is to our *ahem* discussion. And the fact that you don't take life too seriously merely supports my original theory, that you're fairly young, and thus, quite the dipshit.

And america does suck and everything that came out of it.(apart from dwayne jonson, hes lush)

Well, that about takes the cake. There's not much I can say to that so I'll let you continue to think so. Luckily, I've met quite a few people from England, and they represent your country a fair bit better than you. But good luck with the rest of high school and all. Mommy and daddy will lighten up eventually and you'll have a better life soon enough.

actually im fairly old. and yes i am a cunt, thank you very much.

im a very popular cunt in my country, some would say leadr, i prefer to use the word "ruler" now if you dont mind im going to get on with my narrow minded life with tea and biscuits, and you can curl up in a corner and cry, about how great america used to be.oops i said summat wrong, america was never great in the first place.

I don't get "scared off" you stupid prat (how's that for Brit cursing?). You're just not intelligent enough to continue this conversation with. I have standards. But thanks for showing concern, "neighbor."