Asgeir to Dimmu Borgir

would have been cool to see them both on stage

Simen could hold the bass so that Asgeir would hit the strings with his Sticks
and Shagrath coud play the Drumms
try that!! sounds incredibly metal!

Hmm...Personally, I can't say that I'm disapointed about him not drumming some for Dimmu. But I still would like to hear him play Symposium or something like that, that aren't the styles that he normaly plays to. i.e. lots of fast double-bass and blastbeats.

tit said:
good for asgeir. hope he doesn't decide to leave any of his current contributions to any bands he has recorded with recently to play for dimmu full time. filling in is one thing to join that band is another. no offense but dimmu's music is rather cheesy and their only saving grace was nick in the band. i hope they don't steal asgeir as well.:headbang: :headbang:

umm hello... Simen, ICS Vortex. you tool.

the_drip said:
umm hello... Simen, ICS Vortex. you tool.
ok one simen contributes almost nothing musically to dimmu. unlike borknagar where he penned "coloussus" and "ad noctum" he does no such thing. his bass playing is minimal and doesn't impress me and his voice yeah sure it's great under used as well. so as far as i'm concerned he doesn't impress me in dimmu and certainly not a saving grace. in other words he gets paid more so he just does what he is told to do.:headbang:

Devourer said:
I agree. Asgeir is very technical n stuff in my opinion but Nicholas is/was just very fast :p
The dbass roll in the opening of The Genuine Pluse, after the blast beats, I think is as fast/faster than anything Barker has done, and I think he could probably go faster. But I could be wrong, don't listen to Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth very much.

No offense, but the Genuine Pulse is nowhere near as fast as songs like Progenies..... Asgier says it himself, he's not one to [over] use super-fast double bass. I'm sure he can speed away if he wanted to though, he can do everything else. ;)

FailingAcension said:
No offense, but the Genuine Pulse is nowhere near as fast as songs like Progenies..... Asgier says it himself, he's not one to [over] use super-fast double bass. I'm sure he can speed away if he wanted to though, he can do everything else. ;)

Yeah :) I'm not saying he isn't fast, I'm saying the songs he plays aren't very fast (ofcourse they ARE fast) but his technique is amazing...

Yeah, I totally think Asgeir could handle Dimmu drumming 100%, but perhaps Its not his style. A lot of Dimmu's stuff is just incredibly rediculously fast. I think its funny how everyone is contemplating this like it may happen, its very interesting. Asgeir is probably reading and laughing! :)

iAMtheblackwizards said:
The other thing that makes barker sound so fast is that he uses triggers all the time, so he kinda cheats
For fucks sake...YOU DON'T GET FASTER BY USING TRIGGERS!!! :yell:
Please people, read some facts before you post something you obviously dont know anything about!

Ronnie.B said:
For fucks sake...YOU DON'T GET FASTER BY USING TRIGGERS!!! :yell:
Please people, read some facts before you post something you obviously dont know anything about!

Well okay, a drummer in one of my former bands kept going on and on about how he wanted triggers so he could sound like he was playing faster than he actually was. So i was assuming he was telling me the truth, considering he was a drummer, obviously he had no clue what he was talking about. My question then is, if they don't do that, then what do they do?

Yeah, I've always thought it would be cool if they triggered some other sound to the bass drum, like maybe a gunshot, or maybe a cow mooing or something. I think you could trigger just about any sound, that would be cool to experiment with.