Vortex

Rivalry of Phantoms, Ruins of the Future, Invincible, Genesis Torn. Certainly Borknagar's peak of aggression and power.

Rivalry of Phantoms, Ruins of the Future, Invincible, Genesis Torn. Certainly Borknagar's peak of aggression and power.

The Genuine Pulse, Future Reminiscence, The Black Canvas, Soul Sphere, Vintervredets Sjelesagn too, even more to me than your chosen songs

take care and peace!!

The Genuine Pulse, Future Reminiscence, The Black Canvas, Soul Sphere, Vintervredets Sjelesagn too, even more to me than your chosen songs

take care and peace!!

I'm listening to Quintessence right now and without a doubt, it slays anything that comes after it.

I didn't feel like creating a whole new topic for this, and also this is a good way to change subjects: Does anyone else hear Vortex on the new version of Ocean's Rise from Origin? It comes at the end of the line "Where the almighty substance bow", I swear that I heard Vortex as a layered vocal part. It's either him or someone doing a very good impression.

Am I one of the only people who really dislikes Vortex's vocals? Garm and Vintersorg are on a far greater level.

No, Sideshow Symphonies should have had louder guitars to back him up. He sounds much better with a solid wall of sound behind him to accentuate his greatness. If there is too much a contrast between his voracious vocals and the music behind it, then it turns out not so good.

And some faster songs would have made it better too.

No, Sideshow Symphonies should have had louder guitars to back him up. He sounds much better with a solid wall of sound behind him to accentuate his greatness. If there is too much a contrast between his voracious vocals and the music behind it, then it turns out not so good.

And some faster songs would have made it better too.

Absolutly. God damn I find myself agreeing with everything you say. I loved his vocals on Demon Painter but the guitars sounded so weak in contrast Vortex didnt seem to shine.