What does everyone use to listen to music?

johnzorn

Sep 20, 2004
I'm more a fan of Winamp with the DFX enhancer thingy. Windows Media Player has the cool SRS WOW effects if you want some added bass and a dash more of whatever WOW does. Also on the same lines, when ever your done with a track, and you listen to it, do you use the EQ/Effects on your Winamp player(or which ever player you use), or do you play it flat......and then do the "V" EQ.

I use Winamp Pro. I set the EQ on auto. I'm not a fan of WMP... I installed a beta version of WMP 10 series and it was nothing but problems. I eventually had to reformat to get rid of it because there was no way to uninstall it. Piece of shit!

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
I use Winamp Pro. I set the EQ on auto. I'm not a fan of WMP... I installed a beta version of WMP 10 series and it was nothing but problems. I eventually had to reformat to get rid of it because there was no way to uninstall it. Piece of shit!

Yeah, I was gonna update to WMP 10(mainly because it can play wav's in 44hz/24bit and above), but it was ganky and crashed and a piece of shit. So I just reset my file priorites to be played thur Winamp.

Impy said:
On the computer i use iTunes, to my knowledge it's the best player if you're on a mac

....if you're on a Mac. I'm a poor lad so I'm stuck with this custom built PC, but it does the trick I suppose. Plays games like a madman too! hehe.

Come on, PC is just as good as anything, and more stable if you don't put a bunch of stupid shit on there that uses up memory/start up time. Also, does anyone remember VQF's? Or is that so '98/'99. They were even more compressed than mp3's and sounded about the same.

Lately i´ve been using Windows Media Player 10, the final version , not the beta. It works fine. I usually listen to mixes in my old stereo and in the car.

Oh yeah, also forgot about my AIWA that I use as my computer speakers. Its a new AIWA something or other, it can play mp3's and is 300watts. I know its probably not the best thing to use when your recording stuff. Its two speaker units with two '5 or '6 speakers, a tweeter and a side cavity for the bass per side. And also an addicting I-Bass option which I try not to use much. Also if you don't kick in the I-Bass, you just get to either turn the Treble/Bass up or down.