what drum program to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon Blue

Mar 4, 2004
Hi, simple question:

What programs do you guys use to program drums for recording and stuff? I play drums and all, but I can only record with one mic, which sounds kinda shitty.

To make it on-topic: I shall record some Opeth if you guys help me out.

Noteworthy composer if you know how to write sheet music is very good.
Just download the programme, print out the drum reference so you know which notes equal which drums (doens't corruspond to normal drum scores), write your parts and export as a midi file. easy!

Failing that, Zoom & Boss do a brilliant range of drum machines you might want to check out. Very user friendly and sound great!

Yeah...I just got fruity loops 3 (for free, you could say). I'm about to try it out.

I'm really looking for something that just sounds like an actual drummer. That's all I'm looking for.

Sorry dude, but this is off-topic.

I'd suggest checking out http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/ for all your recording needs. There are several Audio Engineers posting on there and are generally very helpful in regards to recording/programming music.

With a quick suggestion though... I'd say you can use Fruity Loops if you program relatively simple drums, with no strange note values (ie no triplets) and no tempo changes... because Fruity Loops isn't very versatile.

What I've found is the best is Cubase SX with the Battery plug-in and using the samples from the Drumkit From Hell. Although it does take a while to learn how to use the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.