What Edge of Sanity / Dan Swanö shit is essential?

Could somebody do me a huge favor and send me a high quality file (like a WAV) of Waiting to Die from The Spectral Sorrows? My CD has a giant pock mock rendering it unlistenable. :Smug:

Cheers.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL!!!!!

I HAVE DECIDED TO CONQUER THIS TOWN! WITH MY HEAVY! METAL! MACHINE!! OHHHHHHHHH!!

*dugadugadugadugadugadugadugadugaduga*

i havn't heard any of Swan's stuff besides steel, but im sure nothing that he has done can be better then those 3 songs.

what are your thoughts on Nightingale? I enjoyed "I" and "Alive Again". anyone familiar with the more recent stuff?

The new Nightingale album, "White Darkness" has been getting a lot of plays from me the last few days. Pretty fucking good. A lot better than the middle-of-the-road Invisible.

i remember i really dug alive again, and a few songs off I. the first two didnt do much for me. of course this was many years ago in my get-everything-with-dan-swano phase.

not my normal thing, but it was enjoyable, and a nice shift in gears

I totally see that Unorthodox is not their best moment regarding songwriting or exhibiting their talents, but it just seems everything feels right about that album. It's old school as hell with some minor tinkerings with melody, some clean vox, but oh so Swedish death.

I'm not sure it could be said any better than that. I still say Unorthodox is the best EoS album. Nearly perfect.

Listened to Purgatory Afterglow today. Wow, I'd forgotten (or somehow never realized) how thin those guitars sound. Almost as if they're playing through 15W practice amps. And I always thought Swano was a producer extraordinare. *confused*

i got Alive Again for cheap. its cheesy and i know full well that there is better stuff out there, but i dont care. it hits the right spot.

odyssey was OK. i think it's being re-released

In the 2+ years since I started this thread, I have not purchased a single Swanö album, but last night I was listening to The Spectral Sorrows thinking "if I could make an album half this quality someday, I'd totally die happy."

yeah, the only one i dont have is "I", though it's on the way. Closing Chronicles is really good, and I still love ALive Again. Invisible is OK, but my least fave. i even have Nightfall Overture, which I enjoy and didnt realize it's limited to 500 copies, not that it matters