What genres to sneapsters listen to aside from Metal?

Classical music (especially romantic-period stuff), '70s and '90s hard rock (can't stand hair metal), funk, old-school punk, post-punk/new wave/goth, industrial, electronic music in various forms, post-rock, alt/indie stuff, singer-songwriters and classic '50s and '60s jazz. I dabble in other stuff from time to time too. Metal's just part of what I listen to. (though it's what inspired me to pick up a guitar!)

I like different "rock" bands like G'n'R, Buckcherry, Mother Superior.
sometimes blues/blues rock-from eric clapton or b.b. king to john mayall's bluesbreakers.
jazzy stuff-john scofield, pat martino, chick corea
and I fucking love Jamiroquai.

I like Eletronic, Ambient and Shoegaze stuffs.... My Bloody Valentine, Boards To Canada, Alcest, M83, Amesoeurs, Air, Ghengis Tron, Plat, Telefon Tel Aviv...etc

It'd be easier to list the metal bands I listen to :lol: Shoegaze, Post-rock, Mathrock, Alternative rock, Electronic stuff, Trip-hop, Industrial, Industrial rock, (mostly modern) Classical, (mostly Japanese) Indie etc. etc. etc. Everything experimental really. And nearly everything from Japan too, excluding most visual kei. I'm not going to start listing bands, the list would be far too long. I also like some mellower jazz, I'm not really into the overly technical solo oriented jazz at all.

Lots of stuff. Rock, hard rock, classic rock, blues, jazz, 60's-70's prog, new prog. In fact my all time favorite album, or close to it, is "Grace" by Jeff Buckley.

-Joe

Think it'll be easier to say what I DONT listen to... which is:

Black metal
80's music
Heavy/Power metal
Blues

... that's pretty much it. This means I listen or atleast don't mind listening to just about anything else... pop, radio music, MTV music (lol seriously, I can listen to it without dying), jazz, funk, classical... whatever.

I hate pop music, rap/hip hop, modern country, and most indie / alt rock, but I'll listen to most anything else.

In addition to a few forms of metal, I also prefer jazz, fusion, classical, and some prog rock.

Yeah, let me just express my profound thanks that no one has expressed an affinity for modern pop-country :lol: (yet... :erk: )

Well some say I'm not country
and that's just fine with me
'Cause I don't wanna be country
with some faggot looking over at me

They say that I'm ill-mannered
that I'm gonna self-destruct
But if you know what I'm thinkin'
you'll know that pop country really sucks

So I'm here to put the "dick" in Dixie
and the "cunt" back in country
'Cause the kind of country I hear now days
is a bunch of fuckin' shit to me

:kickass:

Jazz
Post-rock
Metalcore (yeh, cause i don't categorize it along with metal, but i still listen to lots. don't get me wrong, i dont hate them)
Eastern Folk
Rnb (very little)
Classical and modern rock.
Celtic.

Other than Metal and classic rock (Pink Floyd, Stones, Zeppelin, Halen etc..) and some modern stuff (Muse, Mars Volta, MGMT)

The only other genre I like is electronic.

If you think that's lame go listen to a duo called "Justice", their "cross" album is one of my favourite all time albums. The first song just grabs you and it just gets better from there. Through a nice set of headphones (or monitors) it gives me freakin' goosebumps.

Another sick "band" (dj? artist?) is Girl Talk. They're a mash-up band. Suprisingly I like almost none of the music he uses in the mashup, but it comes together to create something... special. :danceboy:

If you can't tell already I'm a huge fan of keyboards and synth (used sparingly and in the right context!)