What gigs do you have coming up?

Shared this on Facebook as well buuut

Jan. 29 - Epica
Jan. 31 - Queensryche
March 4 - Helloween
March 28 - Sonata Arctica
May 3 - Luca Turilli's Rhapsody + Primal Fear

Queensryche is my birthday. And the announcement of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody more than makes up for most likely not being able to get to Black Sabbath or Maiden. All of these are in the same venue. Driving to Chicago twice in 3 days in January might be difficult but it's possible.

This is already my most European metal-filled year of shows since '09. All I need is Dream Theater to announce dates and, fingers crossed, Stratovarius...

So, gig plans for 2016 anyone? Mine so far.

10/01/16 - Marco Mendoza - Real Time Live, Chesterfield, UK - DONE

29/01/16 - FM & No Hot Ashes - Corporation, Sheffield, UK - DONE

30/01/16 - Just Say Yes & ARfm Rock (Charity Festival), bands including Newman & Blood Red Saints - The Spot, Derby, UK - DONE

04/02/16 - The Winery Dogs & Inglorious - 02 Ritz, Manchester, UK

07/02/16 - Graham Bonnet Band - 02 Academy, Sheffield, UK

19/02/16 - Ensiferum - Sound Control, Manchester, UK

20/02/16 - Weapon UK - The Victoria, Derby, UK

25/02/16 - Inglorious - The Flowerpot, Derby, UK

04/03/16 - Lovehunter (Whitesnake tribute band) - Real Time Live, Chesterfield, UK (Maybe)

10/03/16 - Tyketto & Dan Reed Network - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

12/03/16 - Royal Hunt - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

24/03/16 - HRH AOR On The Road, bands including The Quireboys & Bonafide - 02 Academy, Sheffield, UK

15/04/16 - Dirkschneider (Farewell to Accept) & Anvil - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

22/04/16 - Mentallica (Metallica tribute band) - Real Time Live, Chesterfield, UK (Maybe)

28/04/16 - Romeo's Daughter - The Flowerpot, Derby, UK

01/05/16 - The Treatment & The Amorettes - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

18/05/16 - Blind Guardian - 02 Ritz, Manchester, UK

19/05/16 - Magnum & Vega - 02 Institute, Birmingham, UK

21/05/16 - Blind Guardian - Rock City, Nottingham, UK

09/06/16 - AC/DC - Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK

21/06/16 - King Diamond - 02 Forum, Kentish Town, UK

17/09/15 - Mitch Malloy - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

Well that's a full schedule for the first half of the year eh Kingface?

I'm getting more than a little frustrated with most of the shows I want to go to falling on a Tuesday or a Wednesday in London and it being nigh on impossible for me to make it up for these things after work nowadays :-(

Well that's a full schedule for the first half of the year eh Kingface?

I'm getting more than a little frustrated with most of the shows I want to go to falling on a Tuesday or a Wednesday in London and it being nigh on impossible for me to make it up for these things after work nowadays :-(

Aye I've decided to go all out this year!

Reactions: Symphony
Haha classic kingface. Always think I'm doing really well on the gig front then he smashes it!

2016 for me at the moment is:

09/02/16 - Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - O2 Academy, London, UK.

19/02/16 - Symphony X - Islington Assembly Hall, London, UK.

08/03/16 - Avantasia - The Forum, London, UK.

22/03/16 - Amon Amarth - The Underworld, Camden, UK MAYBE

23/03/16 - Amorphis - O2 Academy Islington, London, UK. MAYBE

10/03/16 - Sabaton, Alestorm, Bloodbound - The Forum, London, UK.

22/04/16 - Blind Guardian - O2 Forum Kentish Town, London, UK.

Download Festival 10-12/06/16

21/06/16 - King Diamond - O2 Forum Kentish Town, London, UK.

Wacken Open Air 04-06/08/16

Last edited:
Avantasia in London clashes with Exodus/Dendera in Southampton which is an arse to say the least.....but I'll be supporting the local scene on this occasion.

If I was doing a UK tour now I would be highly reluctant to play anywhere on Monday-Wednesday I reckon......

Some really good gigs coming up. Enjoy everyone.

Not seen Symphony X since the Stratovarius Elements tour with Thundersone. Back in 2003? Would love to see them again. Hopefully they'll be touring at the end of the year or even next year. I'm aiming to get to some gigs at end of the year. Got lots on over the next few months unfortunately. I think I need to clone myself so I can be at 2 places at once :)

Wacken is always a good festival, not been there for a while. I'm aiming to go to the Sweden Rock Festival next year

I'm gutted that I missed Dream Theater in London. Was planning on attending the Sheffield show, until I realised a few days ago that the tour dates on the website were formatted incorrectly (they were old dates from the 2014 tour). There is no Sheffield show this time.... :(

Decided to do an updated list, I didn't go to see Weapon UK in the end but some other gigs have been added.

10/01/16 - Marco Mendoza - Real Time Live, Chesterfield, UK - DONE

29/01/16 - FM & No Hot Ashes - Corporation, Sheffield, UK - DONE

30/01/16 - Just Say Yes & ARfm Rock (Charity Festival), bands including Newman & Blood Red Saints - The Spot, Derby, UK - DONE

04/02/16 - The Winery Dogs & Inglorious - 02 Ritz, Manchester, UK - DONE

07/02/16 - Graham Bonnet Band - 02 Academy, Sheffield, UK - DONE

19/02/16 - Ensiferum & Metsatoll - Sound Control, Manchester, UK - DONE

25/02/16 - Inglorious & Ali Clinton - The Flowerpot, Derby, UK - DONE

02/03/16 - Vanity Blvd & Osukaru - Dove and Rainbow, Sheffield, UK - DONE

10/03/16 - Tyketto, Dan Reed Network & Estrella - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

12/03/16 - Royal Hunt - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

24/03/16 - HRH AOR On The Road, bands including The Quireboys & Bonafide - 02 Academy, Sheffield, UK (Maybe)

15/04/16 - Dirkschneider (Farewell to Accept) & Anvil - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

22/04/16 - Mentallica (Metallica tribute band) - Real Time Live, Chesterfield, UK (Maybe)

23/04/16 - Butcher Babies & Sumo Cyco - 02 Academy3, Birmingham, UK (Maybe)

28/04/16 - Romeo's Daughter & Lawless - The Flowerpot, Derby, UK

01/05/16 - The Treatment & The Amorettes - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

19/05/16 - Magnum & Vega - 02 Institute, Birmingham, UK

21/05/16 - Blind Guardian - Rock City, Nottingham, UK

03/06/16 - Bruce Springsteen - Ricoh Arena, Coventry, UK

09/06/16 - AC/DC - Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK

21/06/16 - King Diamond - 02 Forum, Kentish Town, UK

16/09/16 - Newman & Blood Red Saints - Yardbirds, Grimsby, UK

17/09/16 - Mitch Malloy - Corporation, Sheffield, UK

22/09/16 - Cats in Space & Space Elevator - Real Time Live, Chesterfield, UK

16/10/16 - Stream of Passion - The Robin 2, Wolverhampton, UK

05/11/16 - Y&T - Rock City, Nottingham, UK

10/11/16 - Bonfire - Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, UK

Last edited:
How was Avantasia then guys?

Saw a killer set from Dendera opening for Exodus in Southampton last night.....can't say I was a fan of the other band (Lost Society) though....sent me heading for the bar and the smoking area lol!

We had Nikki and Andi and myself in attendance but funnily enough couldn't spot em.

In any case Avantasia as you might expect were SEN-FUCKING-SATIONAL! No support acts just 3 hours of solid metal opera and a hell of a line-up of talented people!

Tobi, Michael Kiske, Eric Martin, Bob Catley, Amanda Somerville, Sascha Paeth, Herbie Langhans, Ronnie Atkins, Oliver Hartmann and Jørn Lande were all on top form. Totally flawless and having a hell of a time. The crowd was fantastic, really helped create a receptive and enthusiastic atmosphere. Setlist was great but it's Avantasia they can play any of their songs and it'll be gobbled up! Amazing night Steve I wish you'd been there

Sounds like a cracking night mate...would have loved to have been able to attend but realistically I just can't do mid-week London missions anymore as time just does not allow it unless I've booked some time off work :-(

Saw Tyketto and Dan Reed Network last night in Sheffield. A really good gig but let down by Tyketto having at least 20 minutes cut off their set due to a technical issue before they came on stage. Estrella also had their set cut short, not sure if Dan Reed Network's was too but it was surprising that they didn't play 'Tiger in a Dress'.

It was great seeing Dan Reed Network again and Tyketto were absolutely on fire performance-wise, shame they couldn't play as full a set as the occasion deserved.

There was a really nice surprise in Tyketto's set which I'll not mention in case anyone happens to read this who is seeing them at any of their next few shows, however their significantly shorter set meant they didn't play anything from the 'Strength in Numbers' album which really disappointed me, especially as it's one of my favourite albums of all time and I was especially looking forward to the prospect of hearing songs from that album on this occasion.

It was billed as a Double-Headlining show but the doors still opened at 7pm, the curfew was still before 11pm and there was a support band. Having too many bands on a bill and/or not having enough time for them to play their sets as they should be seems to be recurring problem (in the UK at least). Estrella were good but considering the Double-Headliner situation, I think it would have been better if there wasn't a support band.

2016 update:

09/02 - Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - O2 Academy, London, UK.

19/02 - Symphony X - Islington Assembly Hall, London, UK.

08/03 - Avantasia - The Forum, London, UK.

10/03 - Sabaton, Alestorm, Bloodbound - The Forum, London, UK.

20/04 - Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow - O2 Academy, London, UK. MAYBE

22/04 - Blind Guardian - O2 Forum Kentish Town, London, UK.

Download Festival 10-12/06

21/06 - King Diamond - O2 Forum Kentish Town, London, UK.

Wacken Open Air 04-06/08

10/09 - Power Quest - The Underworld, Camden, UK

15/10 - Steel Panther - Wembley, London, UK.

12/11 - The Lancashire Hotpots - The Barfly, Camden, UK.

Last edited: