What Gives?

Stompmosher

Aug 13, 2011
This is a place for people that love both eras of Anthrax. You can be a Buththraxer, Joeythraxer, Turbinthraxer, Fallonthraxer, Donthraxer, Juliothraxer or an all over Anthraxer. Evryone's entitled to thire say but some just have to go beyond that all the time. To continuously bash albums you don't like is fucking insulting the EVERYONE that likes them, some fan you are. No wonder metal fans get a bad name, peole like YOU. When are the people that run this board gonna realise? Talk about the albums you like and leave it at that. If you have nothing constructive to say, dont say it at all. At least if I have an opposing view, I try to make it constructive.

Well, it just seems that some Anthrax fans prefer banging their heads against a wall rather than banging their heads to the music.

Be a fan of Anthrax is like having a religion for some people!

One Schism
Two messiahs : St Joey or St John!
Songs are verses, Albums are books!
They kill themselves!!!!!:guh:

But He is One and Only God:

ANTHRAX:headbang::headbang::headbang:

This is a place for people that love both eras of Anthrax. You can be a Buththraxer, Joeythraxer, Turbinthraxer, Fallonthraxer, Donthraxer, Juliothraxer or an all over Anthraxer. Evryone's entitled to thire say but some just have to go beyond that all the time. To continuously bash albums you don't like is fucking insulting the EVERYONE that likes them, some fan you are. No wonder metal fans get a bad name, peole like YOU. When are the people that run this board gonna realise? Talk about the albums you like and leave it at that. If you have nothing constructive to say, dont say it at all. At least if I have an opposing view, I try to make it constructive.

Excellent definition for the Thirdwaying :worship:

I'm sure everybody appreciates the effort, but I don't think this place is going to change anytime soon. It is what it is, don't take it too seriously. :)

I completely disagree with this!
kidding....
:lol:

Well hopefully everyone's favourite forum user will get banned if he keeps it up.

My own personal solution is the Ignore List. Once it becomes clear a poster has one viewpoint/axe to grind and will express it over and over (often in exactly the same words as the previous times), without adding anything new or interesting or thought-provoking, then it's a waste of my time to read their posts. I have 9 people on this board on my list. Of all the boards I've been on, this is by far the worst for the OP's concerns.

Once you block out the crap, it's actually an interesting board :kickass:

if EVERYONE used their ignore lists, there'd be a lot less arguments and everyone would be having fun

I have no problem whatsoever with someone disagreeing with my opinion, just as long as they're not ignorant about it. :)

My own personal solution is the Ignore List. Once it becomes clear a poster has one viewpoint/axe to grind and will express it over and over (often in exactly the same words as the previous times), without adding anything new or interesting or thought-provoking, then it's a waste of my time to read their posts. I have 9 people on this board on my list. Of all the boards I've been on, this is by far the worst for the OP's concerns.

Once you block out the crap, it's actually an interesting board :kickass:

9 people on ignore? Who's left?:err:

Just responded to see if I'm one of the 9!:tickled:

For a music genre that's supposed to be tough, I can't believe some of the pussy crybaby shit going on here. I agree that we need to treat each other with more respect. But the constant butt-hurt by some people here because others disagree with their pedestaled idol of what they believe Anthrax should be is almost laughable. As I stated in another thread: some of us here need to either switch to decaf or find a hobby.

For a music genre that's supposed to be tough, I can't believe some of the pussy crybaby shit going on here. I agree that we need to treat each other with more respect. But the constant butt-hurt by some people here because others disagree with their pedestaled idol of what they believe Anthrax should be is almost laughable. As I stated in another thread: some of us here need to either switch to decaf or find a hobby.

The board is definitely buzzing these past couple days and especially today. Everybodys just emotional for the new album nothing wrong with that.

The board is definitely buzzing these past couple days and especially today. Everybodys just emotional for the new album nothing wrong with that.

You're right in that there is nothing wrong with being emotional for such a long awaited album. For some it's been since 2003; for others, 1991. I'm just amazed at the vitriol here sometimes over such a thing as a singer. At work, I will shuffle all the Anthrax on my iPod, and I'm always happy with what comes up, be it John, Joey, or Neil.

There's something that all Anthrax fans may be able to agree upon. It's pretty bitchin that in this day & age we can have every Anthrax release on something the size of one tape cassette. :kickass:

Hell yeah man, been waiting a long time. Even though I got introduced with the Joey era, I never gave up afterwards. I stuck with them though it all, WFCYA, MOMD, GOTE, Frank leaving, the reunion, the Dan Nelson era, I was there for it all and am proud as fuck to be still a fan and looking forward to great things with the band going forward.

And to that I say kick ass, man. :headbang:

:devil:

Hell yeah man, been waiting a long time. Even though I got introduced with the Joey era, I never gave up afterwards. I stuck with them though it all, WFCYA, MOMD, GOTE, Frank leaving, the reunion, the Dan Nelson era, I was there for it all and am proud as fuck to be still a fan and looking forward to great things with the band going forward.

The thing we can all agree on is that there is an Anthrax around today.

:devil:

The thing we can all agree on is that there is an Anthrax around today.

I'll second that!! :kickass: