Refuse 2 b What?

The first album I ever heard by Anthrax was Among The Living in 87' and that's the album that I will always remember them by. I suffered through the I'm The Man period and thought Euphoria was a solid record, but it was Persistence Of Time, along with Rust In Peace & Season In The Abyss, that helped keep my sane during some rough times in my life. I, like many Anthrax fans, was really bummed to hear of Joey's departure and I personally wasn't sure if they could ever recover. Well, White Noise is a damn fine album, and I grew to enjoy John's style very much. However, Stomp and Volume 8 are very SUB-PAR Anthrax records with only a few good tracks on each.

Someone on this thread said "this is one of their best songs ever". Are you joking? I listened to it 3 times and still think it doesn't even come close to anything on White Noise, and White Noise doesn't even come close to pre-John Anthrax.

In the end this is all my opinion, but dammit this band will never make me feel the way I felt while listening to the Among The Living & Persistence Of Time releases for the first time.

Originally posted by Roc
In the end this is all my opinion, but dammit this band will never make me feel the way I felt while listening to the Among The Living & Persistence Of Time releases for the first time.

I can understand what your saying. You like the Pre-John era more. I will agree with you that ATL and POT were awesome albums that were just pure metal. Today's Anthrax is not the same as they were then. They still have the metal attitude, but they shaped their tone to the time. IMO I like the new stuff. Stomp, SOWN, Vol 8 are my favorite albums. I'm sure it has something to do with who I am and what I grew up with. When I started to get into music, it was the grunge era. I really liked that stuff at the time and I think that could contribute to why I like the new stuff. It's all an opinion.

edit: no I'm not saying that Anthrax turned into a grunge band but you noticed the difference? Anthrax has always been metal, but every album has a different influence.

I liked it. I like the diversity the band has. I also hope this is not the heaviest or fastest song on the album but the lyrics and that god damn scream in the begining got me hooked. Who the fuck did that scream anyways.

Originally posted by prime666
I liked it. I like the diversity the band has. I also hope this is not the heaviest or fastest song on the album but the lyrics and that god damn scream in the begining got me hooked. Who the fuck did that scream anyways.

You'll be happy to know that I personally(as have most of you) have already heard one heavier song of the album"Superhero", and Brentney also said yesterday that it's far from the heaviest song on the album. :D

This song actually kinda sound like a it's single oriented, but considering the lyrical content, it may deserve to be a single.

That bridge riff is no push over, it threatens to turn into a monster in places, but the chorus is so powerful!

But your won't be disapointed! This isn't the heaviest song on the album :D

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I'm pretty damn sure it's scott, I've heard that scream before in another Thrax song while watching the video and it was scott. And to all you people claiming that this is sad and that this song isn't very good and that you don't like the change Anthrax has made. Anthrax is doing what they want. And IS good. You just don't like it. It IS like other songs they have made. And if it is such a terrible song how come so many of us like it? I for one LOVE it. and I KNOW that it has nothing to do with waiting for it. Because I still love it. It gripped me and won't let go. 80's metal Anthrax has evolved like all bands do. You can't make an albm that sounds the same every time unless your Pro-Pain or AC/DC and even THEY have put out songs and Albums that are pretty different. I say agian it shows Diversity and BRent said himself it is not the heaviest song on the album.
-Jono-

Here's what a French metal mag called Hard Rock had to say about new Anthrax songs they listened to - some of the songs weren't finished and some were rough mixes:

1 - Refuse to be denied: "A mortal melody. The arpeggiated guitar parts(?) mix with the saturated distorted guitars with a certain grace. One of the best songs we've heard".
2- Superhero: "The first song written for the album. Heavy throughout and the choruses are very energetic."
3 - Nobody knows anything: "A very heavy song, with an enormous drum groove on the limits of funk. An enormous work of composing has been done".
4 - Black Dahlia: "Scott Ian states that this is the fastest song ever recorded by Anthrax!"

i'm not in the mood for translating the rest, but they also talk about some other songs on the We've come for you all:

Ghost, Any place but here, Think about an end, What doesn't die etc..

Peace!

P.S. I think that Refuse is a good song but let's not it make into something it's not: one of the best ever written by Anthrax..