What I am about to reveal may make you angry.....

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
OK....maybe not angry but you may find yourself saying,WTF!

I have heard mention of a particular band on this forum more times that I can remember and I had no idea who the band was. More important to the point is that I had no intention of looking into the band. Why? I don't know. I will be the first to admit that I am not as open as many of you with my taste and I tend to walk around with blinders on sometimes and choose not to look a certain way for no real reason. Sometimes a band name will turn me off or I may get it confused with a band I think I know something about and what I think I know about that band is not good so I avoid the band that I an mixing up with the other band.

Confused? Me too.

So I am listening to Beyond Ear Candy today and I hear this song that does not really fit what I normally hear on there. I know I like it and It sounds a bit dated to me but not in a bad way. The guitar work is killer and the vocals are dynamite. I am thinking to myself that somehow the station had changed but how could it. I finally must know who it is and I explode the ITUNES player to see who it is.

The link below is not of the song I heard but it is the band I am speaking of.
Please be kind after you see who it is. I have been totally in the dark about this band and I feel horrible about it.

YouTube - Crimson Glory - Lonely

I wouldn't feel too bad about it dude .. we all have bands that are kind of considered classics that somehow evaded us over the years. There's just so much music out there that you are bound to miss something. For instance I never gave Fates Warning the time of day until a few years ago.

Britt

Do your self a favor try to find a copy of Transcendence, its a Prog Power Metal masterpiece...In Dark Places is one of my top 5 fav songs of all time.

Bear

when you see a band you dont know just open up myspace and listen to a track or two, thats what i do.

First off kudos for listening to BEYOND EAR CANDY. The owners are amazing, and I love the passion behind it.

Its why I chose them to do my live DJ show every wednesday. Even more amusing is that this band you speak of CRIMSON GLORY is in my top 20 favorite CD's of all time for the album Transcendence.

So do yourself a favor....buy this CD, AND listen to my show HAHA (sorry for the shameless plug!!)

BEASTAD.jpg

Crimsong Glory! Yay!

While the debut shows promise... Gotta love 'Dragon Lady' and 'Lost Reflection'. I'm not exactly thrilled about the vocals on some of the other tracks here but woah, on Transcendence he's a GOD!

I agree with everyone else so far. Can't go wrong with Transcendence!
About my top 5 list, it's fair to say it doesn't exist since it's always changing but I'd say 'Transcendence' is a candidate every time. (Even with the drum machine... Actually, I think it's so well done it doesn't detract much even if one pays attention to it. It took me years before I even noticed. :))

This may very well be my favorite verse ever: Love the execution of it, the feeling I get when I hear it...
"You mystic moon it's you who rules the night, breathing life into my dreams, (ah), I see your face in nightmares, shining bright. 'n' so it's farewell to you my sunlit world so full of pain and misery, You see I just can't take it anymore"
Yes, of course, it's from 'In Dark Places'. ;)

(Even with the drum machine... Actually, I think it's so well done it doesn't detract much even if one pays attention to it. It took me years before I even noticed. :))

heh, I knew Astronomica was recorded with a drum machine, but I never knew Transcendence was too. :lol:

"Eternal World" is one of the greatest songs ever.

I figured out it was a drum machine in the song Lonely,the fills are exactly the same.
I think a few songs were actual live drums
I had to break out Transcendence after this thread
I will say this yet again,this is probably IMO the best vocal performance I have ever heard on any metal CD.In Dark Places,Red Sharks,Lady of Winter,Eternal World,Lonely,Masque of the Red Death,an almost perfect CD.
Its an absolute shame Midnight can't get his act together,what a waste.