What i had to do to get deth tickets....

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
You wont believe this.....
I have cable internet access at work, so i log on at 830am and start refreshing it etc. Then at 855am it shows the enmore theatre in the little box thingy, but i cant find the buy now bit.i start getting worried, so i ring as well, after calling about 20 times on a phone with NO REDIAL (dammit!) I get through and they say i cant order tickets over the phone because im using my mums credit card and the owner must do it.

SO....i freak out a little more, and log onto 2 other pcs in the office place and run between all 3 hitiing go on them as it finally let me buy them, but now NONE of them will go any further and it keeps saying server is down..i start tearing my hair out in frustration, after 10 minutes of that, i make a decision......im going to have to run across the city to the entertainment centre box office to buy them. I tell one guy at work im going, grab my bag and.......
Now, please prepare for a chase scene from an action movie, without anyone actually chasing me..........
I bolt down the stairs at work nearly taking out 3 people in the process slam my way out the door, run down the tram tracks from central station, past paddys markets, then thankfully i had a bit of a break as the light was red, then i was off again running through china town and then across the road until i got to the ent cent. Noone was in line so i was a bit worried...but i managed to get "any tickets to megadeth left?" out in between gasps of breath even though i felt like i was going to die, and he said yes, and i got IN FRONT OF STAGE general admission (thats what it says on the tix :) )

SWEEEEEEEEEET
You always appreciate things more when you worked hard to get them :D

From now on I think I'll only buy tickets from outlets, rather than over the website.
Most mornings when tickets go on sale, the site get so busy, it slows to a crawl and stops.

This morning I walked into the Ticketek outlet in Geelong at 9:14am and left at 9:16am with two tickets to Megadeth :)

Im with you on that one Sydo!

"Well, ill be fine ordering them this time, i have cable net access, ill be one of the first to get them, too easy!!!"
A quote from me, 10 minutes before the debacle.

Heh. Well, Tonci the little trooper is bussing into town as I type and purchasing 2 tickets for Megadeth. Woo!

4 days till Droogiedom, Coops. :D

Well I have my ticket but now I'm shitting my pants. I only have a Student ID, and although it has my age and a photo on it it may not be enough.....garrrrrrr.

Originally posted by ironcross
Spawn if you waited two minutes it came up with the prices. I got my tickets at 9:02am on the ticketek web site. Very easy :)
NOW you tell me :)
But seriously, it did show up, but then it wouldnt let me give the credit card info, i was running between 3 computers trying to get any of them to let me do it!

Well it still only took me 2 minutes.

Plus I got to stare at the cleavage of the young girl behind the counter, who then handed me two MEGADETH tickets, hot off the press. :D

(then she took my money like the bitch she probably is) ;)

MEGABOURNE August 7th, 2001.

:D

I found out what happened!! The computers at work had the security settings too high, so it wouldnt let me into any screen with a high security rating, its fixed now though...........

I hope you're all *very* grateful that Megadeth are playing in your cities, ladies and gentlemen!

Why, WHY must I be cursed to live in this backward state that is considered by its neighbours to be little more than an elderly, unfashionable suburb of Victoria? (Sob...)

W