What instrument(s) do you play?

KorgX3

Redneck
Sep 18, 2002
Redneckville, ID
www.dementiaradio.com
For fear of "hijacking" the touring thread, I thought I'd better start a new thread for this. Ed and I started talking bass vs. keys, etc., and I was just wondering what everyone plays? It'd also be cool to see what all the band members might also play other than their main instruments. :)

Myself, as stated in the tour thread, my main is bass, but I also play keys and guitar. I also played alto sax in junior high school (this one time... at band camp... ;) ) but I'm sure it's safe to say that I suck at that now. :D

What would I still like to learn? Eesh. Too much. I bought a cheap violin on Ebay awhile back and it was exactly that: cheap. :yuk: So I gave up on that, for now, but keep eyeing those electric ones in the Musician's Friend catalogs. :D Also, I'd like to learn to play flute. Shut up! :D

Hey Korgy! It's icepick3383 from the MP.com forum...I've been lurking here for a little while, decided to post on this topic.

I'm primarily a drummer. I've been playing for about 12-13 years now, and i'm decent.

I picked up a guitar about 4 years ago and have been diddlin' around with that, learning on my own, writing some things and what not.

I picked up a Bass around a year ago, and have gotten pretty decent at it. I like playing bass a lot. It's a cool instrument! must be a rhythm section thing.....

I found an old keyboard down in my parents basement, and always wished I could play piano...I got a "piano for dummies" book, but haven't had the chance to learn much.

I'm also a lyricist, and a background singer.

I'm in a surf-rock/oldies band right now, and that's pretty fun, albeit not too challenging, chops wise. Although, my groove playing, and my ability to NOT overplay has been increased ten-fold.

So, that was my first post. Enjoy! :D

Hey guys,

I play guitars and drums, and a tiny bit of bass and keys. However, I don't have a trained voice. Hence I am looking for a singer to record with us.
(Ted: you are very welcome :D )
If anyone is seriously interested in participating in a very progressive project, and has the equipment to do so, drop me a line. webmaster@theoasis.cc

Take care
-The WebDude

so it looks like indeed everyone here's playing some instrument, eh ? :lol:

well, i am playing keyboard (or synths, depending on your POV). And if going for really being able to play something then that's the only thing...hehe..i was starting some minimal guitar stuff, but never had the time to really get that going...still so much to learn on the keys...grrrrr..

...I'll relate some "interesting" stories from the "Dark & Distant Past" of Guitarist Doug Ott and Bassist Ed Platt - stories of "musical misadventures" with two other people whom you have probably never met before (you're reading the typing of one of those "other people")!

However, I will "tell the tale" only if Doug and/or Ed give permission to do so.

So, Doug & Ed - the ball is, as they say, in your court.

Peace,

Scott K.

Hey Scott

Good to see you in here, OK your question all depends on which tale it is ? I think you better run it by us first :) Hmmm that would be around 1982 ???

Funny you would happen to post this because I do believe that band was really the first one I officially played bass in? I can not even remember what kind of POS :eek: Bsss and Amp I used :)

I do remember we were loud :rolleyes:

In response to this new Thread that Korg started, good idea by the way.

As for Enchant goes we all play everything? well pretty much?

Doug of course plays many Guitars, Bass, Keys, pedals, and even bangs on the kit once in awhile.

Ted plays guitar and bass pretty much.

Sean also plays guiitar and bass a little.

I also play bass pedals, guitar and some keys, and bang on the kit every once in awhile.

I won,t even start on the equipment list thats too long.

EP

Well as for me I started playing piano when I was 9 or 10 I don't exactly remember ...
I played piano for a couple of years then I stopped playing music until 15 years ! I picked a guitar for 3 years and I really was into it. At the time I was addicted to bands like Extreme, Queen, G'N'R, Megadeth etc... and guitarists like Brian May, Nuno Bettencourt, Hendrix, Dominic Miller, Al Di Meola etc

On february 11th, 1996 Toto played live in Paris and Simon Phillips was behind the drumkit and this my first slap in the face :OMG:
The day after the show I went to a drumstore buying my drumsticks and my first drumkit and started practicing !

Then I started to appreciate drummers like Tony Williams, Mike Mangini, Neil Peart, Paul Craddick, Roger Taylor, of course Mike Portnoy I can't deny it, Peter Erskine etc...

Ze Dan ICQ 98336463