What instrument(s) do you want to learn how to play?

CorpseDeception

Valar Morghulis
Feb 20, 2007
Fairfield, CA
I've always wanted to learn how to play a string instrument, ex. lute. I've played some brass and woodwind, and I love percussion ('specially tenors), but I haven't ever played a string instrument. I think it would be awesome to learn, I would just have to find the time to learn.

Violin and piano. Piano skills would have been far more helpful as a music major than my guitar skills for things like counterpoint and harmonic voice leading.

I think I know you. Did you play in the Bayside "orchestra"? ;)

I want to learn bassoon and/or <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=bass%20guitar" onmouseover="window.status='bass guitar'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">bass guitar</a>.

No, I've never played in any orchestras, I generally stick to marching band (street and field) and drumline. I'm a band geek. :lol: :loco:

I was the section leader of the trombone section in high school the year we got 10th in nationals. :15minutesoffame:
I also played in a jazz band cafe type thing :lol: and piano at weddings. But not since college.
Jazz is a helluva lot more fun to play than listen to.

That is certainly true, even though I do like to listen to jazz sometimes. I used to play drumset for my middle school's jazz band. I can honestly say we sucked, but it was fun.

I'd like to learn to play a whole bunch of instruments, although I know I probably won't. I can play the guitar, also a bit of bass, piano and drumming. I'd like to learn those things better, especially piano and drumming. I can only practise some piano stuff on a keyboard I have, but it's way less cool than the real thing.

It would also be great to play flute, harp, violin... I find other guitar-like instruments like the lute and mandolin very interesting too. I might buy a cheap mandolin someday.

Violin, lute, sitar, wind instruments in general...

I can already play the "normal band" instruments (guitar, bass, drums, piano/keyboard) at a relatively good level, all equally, but the instruments I listed I would really like to practice on.

I've always wanted to learn piano/keyboard. My brother used to get lessons when we were kids, but he didn't like it. I wanted to take lessons too, but the stupid teacher said I was too young :mad: I could have been a prodigy! I decided to learn how to play a couple years ago, but a stupid bitch stole the keyboard I had.

I also want to learn the harmonica. I bought one, but it just sits on my desk lol.

Drums. Don't have the money/room though. I've never played one before, ever, but I'm always airdrumming :lol:.
I recently started to play piano, and I'm getting pretty good at it (probably thanks to experience in guitar, giving me strong and fast fingers, and also using my computer keyboard so much), but I always improvise instead of finally learning to play some song.

Edit: I'd also like to learn to play violin, but rather drums.

the violin but it takes like 5 years before you can play anything decent on that thing.

btw, Tubbs: how come you don't post in the general chat no more?