If you want to learn how to play guitar, play Opeth.

Reyals

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2007
If you want to learn how to play guitar really fucking well, learn to play Opeth, i know it's hard as all hell but if you learn them and got that shit under your belt, you'll be a shredding god.

What i've got under my belt:
Drappery Falls
Demon Of The Fall
Blackwater Park
The Baying Of The Hounds
The Apostle In Triumph
Benighted
and learning Moonlapse Vertigo, it's been a bitch so far.

Go and learn Altitudes by Jason Becker, that will give you this so called "shredding god" status. Not Opeth. lol.

well opeth is a good place to start i guess....ive been learnin thier stuff...adn its not extremel hard..nor extremely easy....kindda in teh middle Id say.......so sure...yeah def. learn soem opeth.....Keep rockin....PEAC EOUT

Opeth's difficult parts are mostly found in the clean acoustic passages IMO. Im not sure if you were just talking about ripping it up on guitar in general or actually "shredding" but if you want to shred I suggest checking out chopsfromhell.com, they have alot of online lessons and Ive bought a few Dvds from a few of the guys like Rusty Cooley and Theodore Ziras(I think thats his name) and those really stretch your mind and your fingers if your looking to impress your friends, lol. Its kind of advanced material but if you think you can handle it check it out. Start with the online lessons though so you dont have to practice guitar for a few more years before being able to use a dvd you buy. Im not being an ass, its just really difficult stuff. Post a video on youtube of yourself playing a few parts of these songs, thatd be cool to see.

steve morse lives right near me!!

dave larue lives here too, although i haven't met him

:OMG:

I should have been born in US...:lol:

And however I see you live in the country of death metal..can I go there to stay by you for a few weeks :lol: ?