i'm gonna learn to play the drums.

spikes77 said:
EDIT yea from hate eternal
I've never heard him playing and havent seen any videos of him. Probably I have to, I heard ppl said he's good.

hahahah ... why do a lot of drummers sound like hicks? ... that accent is killer :lol:

same with Richard Christy ...

Night Mare said:
- Practice drum strokes on a pillow, it sounds really dumb but it gives you a very strong stroke and fast rebound when you get on a real kit. The Yamaha drums have a much faster rebound than an acoustic kit obviously, so if you play electronic all the time you're going to have shit technique when you use a real kit.
I know some people drum strokes on pillows. But you have to be careful with that, as pillow doesn't give you rebound. So you may have problems moving at the kit later.

Practicing with a pillow actually sounds like a bit of a bad idea to me. Yes it could theoretically help build strength, but with no rebound your not getting a feel for the proper technique.

Ohh and I would reccomend not really working on any extreme metal drumming for awhile, the basics are much more essentially at this point.