What is art and what is not.

Badbird

Never banned
Oct 14, 2009
Ayn Rand is dead hahahahaha
Art has been in media stuff like books,movies,tv shows and music but when is it art and when does it cross the line that it not art.What makes classical music a work of art but not grindcore?A 10 old can draw a picture but can it be consider art like all of the great artists?

You are art. Your entire persona, the text you typed. It's an expression of feeling, there is such confusion here, and your Avatar (Out of anything, really) is really the finisher on YOU.

Art is so broad, when it sits around the house it LITERALLY sits around the house.

You are art. Your entire persona, the text you typed. It's an expression of feeling, there is such confusion here, and your Avatar (Out of anything, really) is really the finisher on YOU.

Art is so broad, when it sits around the house it LITERALLY sits around the house.

Wow I didn't know that.:lol:This is not about me!It about what type of work can be consider art and what isn't art.

Art is anything one uses to express there emotions, anything, used the right way could be an art form.

Art is anything one uses to express there emotions, anything, used the right way could be an art form.

That what i'm thinking of.A Pink Floyd album could be consider art but a Hannah Montana or a Nickelback album is diffenley not art.A movie by David Lynch is a art but a Michael Bay movie is not art.

Can of worms right there!

That's terribly subjective.

Art is many things and can be seen in various forms Subjective is one, and of the most important in my eyes at least.

Personally my fav type of art is what is called art chewy where you can look or read into it for hours discovering new things by the second, the work/installation/piece/song doesn’t have to be complex in design just in meaning.

That what i'm thinking of.A Pink Floyd album could be consider art but a Hannah Montana or a Nickelback album is diffenley not art.A movie by David Lynch is a art but a Michael Bay movie is not art.

Cznt speak for Hannah she seems to be part of the copy and paste Disney World sound which would never have been for me once I hit my teens in 1970 but I wish I could be half as creative as Nickelback is (half of the time) when it comes to writting clever commercially viable rockers. Every recording I have heard by them had at least 2 or 3 butt kickin songs that are great for playing Sat night gigs when people go out to rock out, dance and have a good time. If drawing/creating cartoons is an art form, which I believe it is... Nickleback and many other commercially oriented bands are also an art form, at the same time I can find hundreds of songs by metal bands that play nothing but garbage and rubbish... yet some consider that an art form too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex is an art form... then others just dont get it

The way in which some people perform their work and skills is an art form... yet others are painful to watch

Until someone has something of their own to bring to the table they have absolutely no place to critize others and even then should be stable enough to know better... those that do only display their talents in the art of being little bitches.

This is all my bogus opinion of course :lol:

What if it's not art, though?

You're just wasting your time.

Wasting time is a highly developed art form, take the human race in general but if thats not enough, narrow it down to government, politicians, lawers, judges, law enforcement, the general labor force, red lights, fruitless relationships, the entire span of a lifetime and of course... the internet :erk:

:heh:

Wasting time is a highly developed art form, take the human race in general but if thats not enough, narrow it down to government, politicians, lawers, judges, law enforcement, the general labor force, red lights, fruitless relationships, the entire span of a lifetime and of course... the internet :erk:

:heh:

oh so to true! The art of being able to waste time and still appear to be doing something is quite an achievement an art form in its own rite, in fact I’m doing it now while at work

As pathetic as it may sound, the wasting time at work thing, not that my kind of work allows for that and its not in my character to be able to do it... the saddest thing about it is, that if the entire work force applied itself to their work at 100% or even 90% there would be ??? 25-50% fewer jobs than there is currently...... THINK ABOUT THAT !..... then go have a shit load of babies........

I've heard the statistic that only 10% of people have the drive and necessary skills to be good at their job. Everyone else is just filler.

I've heard the statistic that only 10% of people have the drive and necessary skills to be good at their job. Everyone else is just filler.

I would question that, it might be true in the white collar world and surely any governmental position from politicians to general employees but in the blue collar world its well above 50%. This is due to most of the wanks going for the clean fingernail jobs and not being able to survive performing actual work, dealing with the elements or any form of hardship. This is why the "college" years are proclaimed as "such hardship", because it was the only demanding time of their life.

Regardless my previous statement about even fewer employment positions were everyone to work at 90-100% is the sadest state of affairs and some sub-species of humans need to stop acting like baby mills, and another sub-species needs to stop encourageing them by supporting them.

Your natural predisposition to the blue collar workers probably taints your opinion here. Actually, you come across as a little envious.

That said, I think it's crosses all platforms of employment, regardless of education, role or social status. In my experience "white collar" and "blue collar" workers can be as inept and clueless as each other. Graft hardly seems like the best scale to judge with.

Yes, the good old "class envy" offensive defence, old indeed but does not stager me one bit. The truth here is that I was talking from my personal observation of lots of blue collar workers and a lesser amount of what we call "White hats". The guys with the management, economics and engineering degrees typically wear the white hardhats, in case anyone reading doesnt know. The cluelessness of many of these is bewildering at times. Though I would not question their knowledge of other things surounding their work they often have problems not being able to see the forest through the trees.

Surely you would not argue about the ineptness of beaurocrates and corporate officials, here in the states we have watched them for decades slowly destroy industry after industry... all while stacking their own wealth.

But forget all that and bring it down to numbers like good educated people would. You said 10% and I swear I'd put labor force workers average usefullness above 50% so that differencial is coming from somewhere.

I wont argue that shiftlessness doesnt exist across the human race. What plagues many labor force workers is the ignorance that comes with lack of education and bandwagon riding of commonly spred "wifestales". This too exists across the board. Some are poorly trained by others put in charge or often have failures due to being self taught... thats the school of hard knocks. But the percentage of those with heart and ambition is well above 50%... still those of us with a bit of an edge on the average bitch like little babys about the rest because 50+% is still nothing to brag about.

Hey maybe its the beaurocrates running at 0% that knock it down for the rest of us... LOL

Just to stay on topic I'd like to add that Derek and I are showing our mastery of the art of getting off topic. Cheers !