What is mainstream to you?

Surely it has to do with the bands music and ethos.
For example if a band releases an album on which the majority of sings are three to three and a half minutes long, have catchy sing-a-long chorus' and simple repetitive riffs which are clearly designed to be radio friendly then they are clearly not aiming to produce quality music.

These same bands are the ones who tend to all look exactly the same and invariably appear at the same rubbish festivals together or on the front of Kerrangshed! hugging each other whilst trying to look grim.

Bands such as Iron Maiden are a bit different as they've released some high quality material that has been (on the most part) accepted by those whoe listen to metal as good. Some idiot radio/company/jerk sees this musical juggernaught and then starts pumping out its clone bands.

If that makes much sense.

Imp! said:
They ain't sold in Hot Topic (unlike Maiden's, or Pantera...).

Not that it's a big deal, but actually they are. That's where I bought my Sad Wings Of Destiny shirt, so I'm pretty sure they sell them there. Fuck, they sell Obituary and Darkthrone there too.

Dodens Grav said:
Not that it's a big deal, but actually they are. That's where I bought my Sad Wings Of Destiny shirt, so I'm pretty sure they sell them there. Fuck, they sell Obituary and Darkthrone there too.

Not that I want to start some argument...:heh: ...but no they are not.

Try limiting your judas priest search to: no limit0 to $10.000 to $25.00$25.00 to $50.00$50.00 to $100.00more than $100.00

We did not find any items for your search.

Try using a more generic term, for example, "pants" or "dress"
to broaden your search and increase the number of items found.

http://www.hottopic.com/store/searchSKU.asp?LS=0&DOIT=YES&SSTR=judas+priest

Are you aware that the online store doesn't have every single item in every single store ever?

I think Dodens Grav pretty much won the thread with his first reply but I will add something I guess.

Mainstream doesn't equal shit, it just equals well known. Of course most people have shit tastes so normally mainstream stuff is pretty awful.

Indeed, it seems as if crappy music and mainstream music have a strong correlation, but they're not essentially paired.