What is slam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

Oct 28, 2009
Scotland
I've recently been listening to a band called Awaiting the Autopsy and I'm really starting to get into them. I heard from places that they're a slam death metal band. I've only started listening to the more extreme side of metal about a year ago and I don't see what makes the difference between slam death and brutal death. Can someone help me out here?

Yea some people are confused with the two genres. Even metal archives doesn't separate Slam from Brutal Death. They might soon but for now they don't and I guess thats one of the confusing factors for those who are just searching the genres. I personally call it all Brutal Death Metal. But distinctively Slam is more down tuned, has more break downs, and guttural vocals while Brutal Death Metal is just more down tuned and blasty than regular death metal with slightly heavier vocals.

Oh yeah, you just agreed with him. Now I remember.

Yes. Definitely go to the brutal/slam death metal thread and check it out. We talk about 90% slam... and faggots dont post there.

Also, make sure you check out Dripping. They'll be right up your alley if you like AtA and dont mind a little weird.

Edit:

Slam is even worse than deathcore.

And I fucking HATE deathcore.

You have a stoner metal album and a metalcore album in your sig. You're being elitest wrong.

Yes. Definitely go to the brutal/slam death metal thread and check it out. We talk about 90% slam... and faggots dont post there.

Also, make sure you check out Dripping. They'll be right up your alley if you like AtA and dont mind a little weird.

Edit:

You have a stoner metal album and a metalcore album in your sig. You're being elitest wrong.

Thanks for the advice.

What's wrong with stoner metal? And no, I don't have a metalcore album anywhere in my sig.

Don't compare Slam with deathcore. Deathcore is overall just awful and Slam is awsome. Sure theres some shit bands here and there. Don't talk shit about what your not into.

"Slam is bad? Nuh uh!" isn't a good rebuttal. Anyways the two genres are almost the same since Waking the Cadaver is classified as both.

Status
Not open for further replies.