Classifying

Yep, I don't, nor have I ever, worn black jeans, had my ears pierced, done anything with my hair, other than wash it, and as a result I look nothing like that. But thanks for your totally uneducated and retarded input, it's always enjoyed. Please crawl back into your hole and continue your unneeded existence.

Anyways... I don't like Doom because it's slow and bores me. I don't like slow, generally. I put that in there, because I was going through the threads to put genres that I wasn't sure on the parameters into my message. I came across Doom and thought that was funny. As always, I am indeed open to any quality bands you wish to recommend me from said genre. Opinions are subject to change

you find doom boring, but like necrophagist, lamb of god, 2pac, snoop dogg and a whole host of other bands that are no doubt utterly dull??

listen to candlemass - nightfall and ENJOY!

also, there is nothing wrong with black jeans ... in fact they are more versatile than blue jeans ...

You are no doubt aware that I like other music than metal. Granted, metal is my favorite... I like other types of music too.

@guy I'm too lazy to go back a page and find the name of- And yes, doom bores me... too slow, though I will try the bands you recommended, perhaps they will change my opinion. Somehow, I doubt it.

As great as Ahab are (they're one of my favourite bands as of late), they really aren't a good starting point for someone who doesn't like Doom because they find it too slow. I mean, surely Funeral Doom epitomizes everything that he dislikes about the genre.

^Ninja'd. Pentagram rulz.

Sabbath is Sabbath, bro.

But you should try:

Electric Wizard
Reverend Bizzare

And if ou want something slow and deathy you could try Cianide of Rigor Sardonicus.

Well, apparently all I've heard is Funeral Doom-esque stuff. Where the Sabbath that is involved is from the actual song Black Sabbath, which is one of my least favorites by them.

I swear to god, though... I make a harmless joke and the entire forum lights the torches and begin to chant in unison. Calm down, people... it's not that important that I enjoy Doom Metal.

Well, apparently all I've heard is Funeral Doom-esque stuff. Where the Sabbath that is involved is from the actual song Black Sabbath, which is one of my least favorites by them.

I swear to god, though... I make a harmless joke and the entire forum lights the torches and begin to chant in unison. Calm down, people... it's not that important that I enjoy Doom Metal.

it's one of my favs by them